Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by DanialGowans:I am no longer in the ‘it’s not happening’ camp ... I believe the tour is going to happen, what I am protesting about is the misguided use of ‘sources’ (who sprang the rumour originally ) and the ‘its definitely happening’ type mentality that has worn a lot of people down. NO ONE apart from the 4 Irish lads themselves know if this is 100% happening , it might be 99% over the line, but that’s still not 100% !??!? Yet some here are acting like they ARE the four Irish Lads and know more than the band themselves !!

Throw in the sarcastic attitude - mainly from those in the Northern Hemisphere - towards those like myself who had doubts about this tour originally or still do have doubts and it becomes grating!

Northern Hemisphere punters have had ample U2 overdoeses while we down here in the Southern Hemisphere continue to suffer with this agonising stop start stop start expected announcement so the ‘sarcasm’ isn’t appreciated!

All said with the greatest of respect also!

Even the band doesn't know, with 100% certainty, that they'll be here. Maybe somebody gets hit by a bus tomorrow. But all the information points to there being at least a 95% chance that they'll be here. Who knows, maybe this delay, whatever it may be, has even reduced that they'll be here.

Maybe your 'crapometer' needed to reach 95% certainty, before you believed the rumours. While others only needed 50-75% certainty. People were getting excited, discussing plans. The route the tour would take, the venues, the tour name, the likely setlist, the stage setup. People have fun with this, but you just talked down to them, ruined the vibe, why? If you didn't believe the rumours, I have know idea why you'd want to visit a rumour thread, & make posts that put down people's excitement. So much for a U2 community.

As for commenting about sarcastic comments, it's nice that you're not doing that anymore. But you reap what you sow! If we look back, I'm pretty sure you started the sarcastic comments.

Anyway, it would be nice if we all just discussed what may (or may not) be happening with this tour, instead of page after page of this stuff.

Although, as it looks like it'll be the JT tour again, there won't be quite so much to discuss
  2. Originally posted by Anam:[..]
    After the day I've had, I need it! I suspect if we were all sat in the pub, this would all be squared off quite quickly. You are all good, passionate people. Four pints each and ye'd all be arm in arm singing Revenge for Skibereen.
    Haha, I thought you were talking about in Australia. Where people would get way too drunk Push would come to shove, & there'd be a brawl

Aussies drink way to much, but in general don't know how to handle it like Europeans
  3. I wouldn't think so. There's plenty of venues to choose from. ANZ stadium (the refurbishment was delayed quite some time ago, before both Metallica & Queen announced shows there), the new Bankwest stadium (though it's a bit small at 30,000 capacity), & the SCG. Have to admit, my money certainly wouldn't have been on the SCG being chosen.

My guess would be on the delay being caused by ticketing issues in Asia. Though that's a total guess!
  4. So is this week looking unlikely for a announcement?
  5. The hype is dying little by little.
  6. Looking at the earlier comment by @U2wanderer1 it looks like early next week is looking unlikely. Doesn't rule out later or the week after.
  7. Hoping we get something this week, but slightly concerned that whatever the delay is couldn't be sorted out within a few days.
  8. Originally posted by U2nick88:Hoping we get something this week, but slightly concerned that whatever the delay is couldn't be sorted out within a few days.
    It's all sorted. Now they are trying to get the announcement scheduled to work for everyone.
  9. good info, thanks
  10. Good to hear that everything is fixed.