Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by Release3:As bad as it was just playing the chords in Invisible instead of the solo, at least he was playing something.

He wasn’t playing anything during Best Thing’s solo lol
    Haha true lame enough
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That's an usual pattern too. We musicians play faster (and usually louder) when we're younger, then tend to calm down a bit with the passing of the years. In the case of Larry though I think it's been for the good as he's a much more complete drummer now - and I don't mean just for U2 (check Alice Cooper's latest album to hear Larry at his possible best ever).
    He has a huge presence on paranoiac personality. Wish he would take centre stage like that on the next u2 album
  3. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    He has a huge presence on paranoiac personality. Wish he would take centre stage like that on the next u2 album
    Absolutely. The Sound of A and Dynamite Road ain't half bad drum-wise either. I wish he as more centric in U2 as well, although they've never been drum-centric anyway – everything was focused on making Edge and Bono shine as much as possible. And, in the latest album, just Bono lol
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Which "crazy song" did they bring out in the JT30 tour? (I'm not counting ASOH because it was played only a handful of times, nor any of the infrequent Joshua songs).

Why wouldn't this count? It was performed several times with a concrete arrangement after a 16 year gap. That's crazy.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

Why wouldn't this count? It was performed several times with a concrete arrangement after a 16 year gap. That's crazy.
    Plus, debuting Little Things months we heard a wisp of SOE was crazy.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

I thought Kirk was referring more to a song that becomes a tour staple after many years of absence. Bringing back An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and Wild Horses for a good chunk of Vertigo Tour was crazy. Bringing back Ultraviolet for most of the 360 Tour was crazy. But playing ASOH just a couple of random times was... frustrating for those of us that didn't get to see it. But yeah I get what you're saying and, objectively, bringing back ASOH was crazy too.
  7. I don't get the adoration for ASOH around here it's an average song at best they played it in Slane in 2001 and it went down like a lead balloon and not just because Bono forgot some of the Lyrics,the tempo of the song just doesn't work Live and has no big chorus that's why it's never been a regular in the set list for 30 years.
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:I don't get the adoration for ASOH around here it's an average song at best they played it in Slane in 2001 and it went down like a lead balloon and not just because Bono forgot some of the Lyrics,the tempo of the song just doesn't work Live and has no big chorus that's why it's never been a regular in the set list for 30 years.
    Tastes are tastes. There's nothing wrong with that ...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    ...except that ASOH is a fucking superb song both in studio and live, it's got some of the best vocal deliveries of their discography and a beautiful set of lyrics...

...All fine
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I thought Kirk was referring more to a song that becomes a tour staple after many years of absence. Bringing back An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and Wild Horses for a good chunk of Vertigo Tour was crazy. Bringing back Ultraviolet for most of the 360 Tour was crazy. But playing ASOH just a couple of random times was... frustrating for those of us that didn't get to see it. But yeah I get what you're saying and, objectively, bringing back ASOH was crazy too.
    Given the lengths of the tour ASOH was given about as much of a chance as an Cat Dubh/Into The heart and wild horses were on the vertigo tour. ASOH was played 8 times and the other mentioned songs were played 16 times each on tours that were far longer.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Given the lengths of the tour ASOH was given about as much of a chance as an Cat Dubh/Into The heart and wild horses were on the vertigo tour. ASOH was played 8 times and the other mentioned songs were played 16 times each on tours that were far longer.
    Yep, that's why I acknowledged they were rather similar in the end.

PS. Only 16 performances for ACD/ITH? I would have sworn there were many more, around 30 or so
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yep, that's why I acknowledged they were rather similar in the end.

PS. Only 16 performances for ACD/ITH? I would have sworn there were many more, around 30 or so
    I was surprised about that with ACT/ITH as well, i’d checked it out a while back (although I had to look again today to get an exact number) probably because it was on the dvd and I’ve watched it so many times I just assumed it was played a good few times more. Think it got just the 1 appearance in Europe in Dublin, gutted I never personally got to see it although I did get Wild Horses but it was much better last year imo.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I was surprised about that with ACT/ITH as well, i’d checked it out a while back (although I had to look again today to get an exact number) probably because it was on the dvd and I’ve watched it so many times I just assumed it was played a good few times more. Think it got just the 1 appearance in Europe in Dublin, gutted I never personally got to see it although I did get Wild Horses but it was much better last year imo.
    YES, Wild Horses killed it last year - and that came outta nowhere as well