2019-11-15 - Melbourne
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:Melbourne 2 is still likely to happen. Stadium is available, and booked should they want to use it. And we're being told it will likely happen. But there are some logistics there that have to be resolved first. And that means a final decision won't likely be made until next week.
    Great news. Hoping to get an announcement by next Friday then.
  2. Melbourne 2 will most likely not happen, too short of a break in between shows i guess or seeing how ticket sales or for Sydney 2 are
  3. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:Melbourne 2 will most likely not happen, too short of a break in between shows i guess or seeing how ticket sales or for Sydney 2 are
    Of course it can happen?

15th, 16th November - Melbourne shows
    17th, 18th November - Travel/break days
    19th November - Adelaide show

There's the standard 2 day break in between.
  4. Don't understand the delay for a second night announcement.

There are only 32 single tickets left for the first night.
  5. Originally posted by one8ung:Don't understand the delay for a second night announcement.

There are only 32 single tickets left for the first night.
    As U2songs pointed out earlier there is a logistical problem they have to solve.
  6. I guess people might tend to forget Australia is roughly the same size as the States. Makes logistics a little more difficult when they're playing shows so far away. Each city from Brisbane down is about 1000km to the next one and Perth to Adelaide is half the width of the continent. Makes travel more complicated for trucks and the like with big setup times for the stage
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Of course it can happen?

15th, 16th November - Melbourne shows
    17th, 18th November - Travel/break days
    19th November - Adelaide show

There's the standard 2 day break in between.
    i ll think that Melbourne 2 is possible and Adelaide het own show. Fingers Cross
  8. Do they give a description of the logistical problem?
  9. Not exactly the correct thread... but what did „they“ say about a possible 2nd Seoul show?
    Still more than 1.000 GA tickets available.
  10. Originally posted by Chrisssie:Not exactly the correct thread... but what did „they“ say about a possible 2nd Seoul show?
    Still more than 1.000 GA tickets available.
    U2songs mentioned a second Seoul show was planned, but looking at how sales went/goes I don't see it happening. Unless of course Koreans don't do GA and that's something they don't look at.
  11. If they sell out seats very well (what they obviously did), they still could do a 2nd show. I guess the venue is blocked for them the 2nd night, and as mentioned before, before they have to pay the staff without working, the could do a show with a half-filled venue.
    I didn't understand why they've chosen Seoul.. I think that Hong Kong would have sold much better, or the Philippines maybe... but anyway, thats the Melbourne thread

Ahh... and Koreans DO GA and they can freak out... at least when its PSY: