1. I was reading about the Nirvana Paramount show from 91 that was released this past decade, and Lance Bangs had to go back and reconstruct the show after remastering it. It took forever, but it is possible.
  2. So there is hope for you Point Depot holdouts.

3. They wait till we all DIE and there will be no demand for Vault shows
    The problem with U2 is that they are perfecionists and Live it's (they are!) not always perfect... and it keeps them from releasing more.
    I think with their cash grabbing mashine otherwise they would have started long time ago with some bootleg series.

I dream of ZooTV box ... Stokholm as an Indoor show, New York as an Outside show, and let it be Sydney full with Tryin.

U23D and full Mialno would also be nice, as well as re-release of Slane and Chicago on BluRay - these 2 should be quite easy for them to make.
  4. They need a blu ray of shows from Boy, October, TUF and Rattle and Hum
  5. Blu-rays (aka super high definition videos) from anything previous to Vertigo Tour should not be realistically expected. I don't think any of these concerts were FILMED (on film tape), they were just videotaped. Video tapes can't be scaled up to 2020 hi def video standards without a noticeable loss in quality - and that's already assuming the originals are perfectly stored in pristine condition! Which is probably not the case for the several Boy, October and TUF shows that were video-broadcast, whose originals are probably deteriorating in a dark & wet corner of the oldest warehouses of each pertinent TV station.

Sorry
  6. Yes, it is very good material coming from the South American shows in 2006. I would really like them to release only on bluray-2d. 3D technology is almost obsolete in home players.

7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Blu-rays (aka super high definition videos) from anything previous to Vertigo Tour should not be realistically expected. I don't think any of these concerts were FILMED (on film tape), they were just videotaped. Video tapes can't be scaled up to 2020 hi def video standards without a noticeable loss in quality - and that's already assuming the originals are perfectly stored in pristine condition! Which is probably not the case for the several Boy, October and TUF shows that were video-broadcast, whose originals are probably deteriorating in a dark & wet corner of the oldest warehouses of each pertinent TV station.

Sorry
    Yes I agree with you. It is very sad.
    In the 70's and early 80's, the big bands recorded shows on film (35mm), and because of that today we have great blu-rays from Queen, Stones ... but U2 at that time was still a beginner band, starting with recording your shows really in 1987.
  8. I would rather have the November 18, 1989 Sydney show for Lovetown. Much better show and shot with more cameras.
  9. I was really surprised they didn't release U23D on blu ray years ago when 3D was so popular it wasn't only such a great live spectacle but the special effects were great and were ground breaking at the time,hopefully they do get round to releasing it someday.
  10. I know this has been asked a while back but can’t remember what thread and the answers but if we just forget about blu Ray and just talk at least dvd level and that includes having enough cameras for enough footage how many shows realistically could be suitable for a future release? I’m assuming with some of the earlier tours anything that was taped could be realistic if it was well stored because the staging set up was more basic and not many cameras would have been needed to really capture the show as opposed to a 360 show which would probably need to be a show with plenty of cameras, or am I mistaken?
  11. All I know is I have to keep updating my Blu Ray software on my PC. And PC's and Blu Ray don't really work well together.