4. Zoo TV
    JT17
    JT19
    E & I
    JT 87
    Elevation
    I & E
    Vertigo

To see how much the band had come on in 6 years from JT87 to ZOO, both at Wembley, was mind blowing. JT17 was fantastic - it felt as if a lot of the older fans came back to see the show creating a brilliant atmosphere. E&I and JT19, got to see them outside of the UK.
  5. Zoo TV
    Popmart
    E&I
    JT2017
    I&E
    Vertigo
  6. PopMart
    Joshua Tree 30
    Elevation
    I&E
    Vertigo
    E&I

very little in between all of them, except for E&I which clearly belongs at the bottom.
  7. PopMart
    Elevation
    e&i
    i&e
    Joshua Tree 2017
    Vertigo
  8. It's funny how literally everyone who saw Zoo TV places it at #1
  9. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    yeah + electric Stay, SATS on NA leg, Gloria,great version of NYD, TUF in Copenhagen, and the whole ZooTV set on second half of EU leg...
    But even if those didn't happen, only the fact Acrobat was played every show was worth the tour

is Acrobat such a great live song? It sounds good and the intro was great, but it's not really blowing you away or something like so many other U2 songs. So I think it's a bit overrated as a live song. Clearly the fact that it was never played live before adds to it's popularity. For me it's not a top 20 U2 live song.
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

is Acrobat such a great live song? It sounds good and the intro was great, but it's not really blowing you away or something like so many other U2 songs. So I think it's a bit overrated as a live song. Clearly the fact that it was never played live before adds to it's popularity. For me it's not a top 20 U2 live song.
    For once, and let's not turn this into a common thing, I agree with you.

Acrobat is terrific on the album but they never quite got it right last year. It was absolutely MINDBLOWING to hear it live, of course... But it didn't live up to its studio version. Edge didn't quite nail the guitar sound (NOR the playing!), and the original darkness in Bono's vocal was nowhere to be found. I get the love for it, and I get why people (including myself) loved hearing it last year, but it's not worth a U2 Live Hall Of Fame admission.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    For once, and let's not turn this into a common thing, I agree with you.

Acrobat is terrific on the album but they never quite got it right last year. It was absolutely MINDBLOWING to hear it live, of course... But it didn't live up to its studio version. Edge didn't quite nail the guitar sound (NOR the playing!), and the original darkness in Bono's vocal was nowhere to be found. I get the love for it, and I get why people (including myself) loved hearing it last year, but it's not worth a U2 Live Hall Of Fame admission.

And this is one of the main reasons I don't want a ZooTV 2020 tour (or whatever).

12. ha ha, we probably agree on more things than you would realize.. on this forum I'm more of a reader and often only react when someone challenges me to react.. and sometimes that is you