1. Zoo TV
    Elevation
    Popmart
    I+E
    E+I
    Vertigo
    JT17
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Because there was tour and album between?

Btw. so you agree that Lovetown was just another legs of JT tours?
    it was the same show, with only a bit of a different encore. It totally doesn't matter if there was something in between. They only changed the name because there were years involved in the name of the tour. Even PopMart had more setlist changes over the tour. The splitting of JT30/32 just tells that there's a big recency bias involved. I remember how exited people were after Elevation and Vertigo tour, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, The Fly returning to the setlist, a great new album, with fresh new songs, Out of Control, 11 O'clock. Back to Basics.. it was amazing, but it seems like people forgot about it. Vertigo tour with Electric Co, an Cat Dubh, Into the heart, Gloria Running to Stand Still, Miss Sarajevo, Window in The Skies, Kite, it seems like it's all forgotten by now.
  3. Popmart
    Elevation
    rest of the tours I saw is really hard to rank
  4. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    it was the same show, with only a bit of a different encore. It totally doesn't matter if there was something in between. They only changed the name because there were years involved in the name of the tour. Even PopMart had more setlist changes over the tour. The splitting of JT30/32 just tells that there's a big recency bias involved. I remember how exited people were after Elevation and Vertigo tour, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, The Fly returning to the setlist, a great new album, with fresh new songs, Out of Control, 11 O'clock. Back to Basics.. it was amazing, but it seems like people forgot about it. Vertigo tour with Electric Co, an Cat Dubh, Into the heart, Gloria Running to Stand Still, Miss Sarajevo, Window in The Skies, Kite, it seems like it's all forgotten by now.
    You have a very good point. 360 Moncton was a 60% different show than 360 Barcelona was 2 years before. The difference between Honolulu 06 and San Diego 05 is not as apparent but still bigger than between Vancouver 17 and Mumbai 19 - you're very right.

We just label them as 2 different tours because they are 2 years, 1 album and 1 different tour apart, and they're categorized like that on every U2 site. Easy as that.
  5. I&E
    TJT17
    Vertigo
    E&I

I&E had pretty much perfect setlists whereas E&I just didn't do it for me, no Streets made it feel like waking up on Christmas morning and getting a lot of nice presents but not the one you asked for. It just felt wrong without 'that' moment. Streets and Bad are my favourite two songs live and both were missing on E&I. I've never seen a poor show though and as others have said it is a close call regardless.
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    There wasn’t really more changes from popmart to elevation or elevation to vertigo than there was from I&E to JT to E&I. What about the excitement of stay coming back full band or zoo station finally returning and again the fly? Wild horses being given a proper run out and performed probably the best it’s ever been done live. For JT there was the excitement of side 2 of TJT being played. Most people who hadn’t witnessed the original tour wouldn’t have seen at least 6 of they songs. There was the new stuff on I&E and E&I that at least matched the number of new songs regularly played on elevation and vertigo. October came back, 40 was played a handful of times, the I&E rotation slots. E&I had acrobat. Doesn’t seem like recency bias to me it just seems like there was as much reason to get excited about the recent tours and people just have there preferences. If someone wants to pick Elevation or vertigo as there favourite tour fine but don’t then tell me someone else is picking a different tour only because it was more recent.
  7. Vertigo outdoor in Europe was the culmination of the Vertigo and Elevation tours.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    There wasn’t really more changes from popmart to elevation or elevation to vertigo than there was from I&E to JT to E&I. What about the excitement of stay coming back full band or zoo station finally returning and again the fly? Wild horses being given a proper run out and performed probably the best it’s ever been done live. For JT there was the excitement of side 2 of TJT being played. Most people who hadn’t witnessed the original tour wouldn’t have seen at least 6 of they songs. There was the new stuff on I&E and E&I that at least matched the number of new songs regularly played on elevation and vertigo. October came back, 40 was played a handful of times, the I&E rotation slots. E&I had acrobat. Doesn’t seem like recency bias to me it just seems like there was as much reason to get excited about the recent tours and people just have there preferences. If someone wants to pick Elevation or vertigo as there favourite tour fine but don’t then tell me someone else is picking a different tour only because it was more recent.
    I'm not telling you that. Look at my own picks, and it's easy to understand that.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You have a very good point. 360 Moncton was a 60% different show than 360 Barcelona was 2 years before. The difference between Honolulu 06 and San Diego 05 is not as apparent but still bigger than between Vancouver 17 and Mumbai 19 - you're very right.

We just label them as 2 different tours because they are 2 years, 1 album and 1 different tour apart, and they're categorized like that on every U2 site. Easy as that.
    yes, it's easy is that, but when you think about it, it's really weird.
  10. I’m not good at ranking things. Plus, as previously stated, tours can morph and change as they go. For example, one of my favorite U2 shows was the Elevation show in Columbus. I had good seats, it was my 2nd U2 concert, and they were firing on all cylinders that night. My least favorite U2 concert was also from the Elevation Tour, the South Bend, Indiana show. I didn’t like the setlist changes, opening with Beautiful Day instead of Elevation was dumb, and Bono seemed to be having an off night. He just wasn’t into it, and neither was I.

I will attempt a ranking, though.

1. Elevation
    2. Popmart- might be bias because it was my first show, and I was 15.
    3. Vertigo
    4. 360
    5. IE
    6. EI
    7. JT17

Vertigo, 360 and IE are pretty much equally tied in my opinion. I thought they were all great. E&I I only saw once, and it was a great show, but there were some setlist problems. JT was good and all, but I didn’t feel like playing the JT album in full made for a great setlist.
  11. Vertigo europe was the most boring part of the tour (setlistwise) except for two or three shows