1. Kind of difficult to rank something so subjective and typically personal (I find the enjoyment of a particular tour and/or show is partially to do with what was going on personally at the time).

Popmart 1997
    Vertigo 2005
    Joshua Tree 1987
    Zoo TV 1992
    Elevation 2001
    EI 2018
    IE 2015
    JT 2017
    360 (second leg (and first leg most likely, but did not see that one) were great, beyond that it was going through the motions IMO by the band). Similiar vibe for JT2017, but in reverse, that seemed to get better as the tour went along.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Let’s play a game of turning the tables, you should doubt that my opinion will change. Perhaps your feeling regarding people’s opinion of E&I changing in the future is because you’ve rated the tour at the bottom of your list and can’t see it from someone else’s perspective and how they enjoyed it so much. You should try and see it from other people’s perspective and maybe you’ll like it more. I could be right or I could be wrong the future will tell.

E&I was not my starting point, that's Vertigo tour, so what you're suggesting is a bit unfair. I said that the same thing that happened to Vertigo could also happen to other tours. And to be clear, it also happens to myself; I'm sure 360 was a lot higher up in 2010 then it was now on my personal list.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

E&I was not my starting point, that's Vertigo tour, so what you're suggesting is a bit unfair. I said that the same thing that happened to Vertigo could also happen to other tours. And to be clear, it also happens to myself; I'm sure 360 was a lot higher up in 2010 then it was now on my personal list.
    And in 2010 after you declaring to whatever extent you liked 360 did you have someone telling you that your opinion was going to change in 9 years? or did they just let you have your opinion and now 9 years later you personally are allowed to update us about that rather than have someone trying to update us 9 years in the past. If my opinion of E&I changes in 2027 (which it won’t) I’ll be happy to inform you until then guessing about how I might feel is pretty pointless.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    And in 2010 after you declaring to whatever extent you liked 360 did you have someone telling you that your opinion was going to change in 9 years? or did they just let you have your opinion and now 9 years later you personally are allowed to update us about that rather than have someone trying to update us 9 years in the past. If my opinion of E&I changes in 2027 (which it won’t) I’ll be happy to inform you until then guessing about how I might feel is pretty pointless.
    I wouldn't have mind, I probably even told myself. And again, I'm just defending something, just reminding myself and others of the great things of Vertigo (and Elevation). Nothing wrong with that... if you think it's pointless, that's fine with me.
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I wouldn't have mind, I probably even told myself. And again, I'm just defending something, just reminding myself and others of the great things of Vertigo (and Elevation). Nothing wrong with that... if you think it's pointless, that's fine with me.
    Well that’s all good then, we just see certain things a different way. I’ll not comment any further but to agree that elevation and vertigo did have plenty of great things about them. I still enjoy watching and listening to the DVD’s from the tours. Some real highlights on there.
  6. Of the ones I have seen

iE 2015
    Ei 2018
    PopMart 1997
    Vertigo 2005
    360 2009-10
    Elevation 2001
    TJT 2017

I regard iE as edging Ei slightliy as the first portion of Ei *was* iE-redux until they added the ZooTV miniset. iE also had a more flexible setlist whereas Ei you only got one song rotated out.

Elevation and TJT at the bottom because the narrative and staging wasn't innovative or particularly strong. TJT was also a nostalgia tour and I hate those.
  7. Well this was a big surprise. I would never have thought anybody would rank Vertigo Tour ahead of Zoo TV. You're very right when you say this is highly subjective and highly dependant on your personal life moment - I'd even say it's highly dependant on the location within the venue, hence the sound quality at your spot, and also the crowd surrounding you. But since , I would have guessed you, having seen 3 Zoo TV indoor and 5 Outside Broadcast gigs, would too. Interesting.

8. Not me, and I was in the crowd the night they recorded that show for commercial release.
  9. There's more different opinions than atoms in your body...

...Except for Zoo TV, where only you 2 guys disagree with the rest of the 3-4 million people who saw the tour
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    There's more different opinions than atoms in your body...

...Except for Zoo TV, where only you 2 guys disagree with the rest of the 3-4 million people who saw the tour
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    There's more different opinions than atoms in your body...

Zoo TV was probably a bit confusing for many (or maybe for everyone). I've heard plenty of times that people actually didn't like it that much (mostly casuals). Also heard many complaints about the sound and some said it looks a lot better on television (not that hard to believe).
  12. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Zoo TV was probably a bit confusing for many (or maybe for everyone). I've heard plenty of times that people actually didn't like it that much (mostly casuals). Also heard many complaints about the sound and some said it looks a lot better on television (not that hard to believe).
    Yeah, I've always known that. My parents saw the Zoo TV show in Madrid '93 and didn't REALLY get it. And most of the audience didn't either. It all only made sense a few months later when they broadcasted the Sydney show and they saw it on TV. Then they were blown away and actually their memories from the Madrid gig (which I've seeon on DVD but they have not) are absolutely contaminated by watching the Sydney VHS over and over

I think many of the people that attended 92-93 gigs have a biased opinion for what the tour has eventually proved to mean over time, rather than their opinion on it at the actual time.

(And still it's the best tour ever)