1. Originally posted by hedyzera:does anyone know why they cut ASOH & TUF instead of others?

it's like "let's cut the best and most iconic songs from this tour" and keep only the ones that everyone has seen the live versions
    For me it was a decision of the editors of the television program. To fit in just 01 hour. They were not definitely fans of U2.
  2. Originally posted by hedyzera:does anyone know why they cut ASOH & TUF instead of others?

it's like "let's cut the best and most iconic songs from this tour" and keep only the ones that everyone has seen the live versions

The removal of these two songs has frustrated me for years. I was hopeful that we'd get a full show with 2009's 25th anniversary reissue but in the end we got nothing. Argh! Maybe we'll get lucky in 2024????
  3. Same with 11 O Clock Tick Tock. Would have loved to have that one stay!
  4. I'm watching this right now. I fully understand this was never officially released. It's 95% Bono who was filmed. Adam only in Gloria and even than it was mixed with audience. Larry and Edge have a few more shots, but not much
  5. You are awakening the faction mate!
  6. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:I'm watching this right now. I fully understand this was never officially released. It's 95% Bono who was filmed. Adam only in Gloria and even than it was mixed with audience. Larry and Edge have a few more shots, but not much
    I didn't count the filmed portion of Bono.
    But I find this recording VERY watchable. The energy of the band, of the songs and of the audience is fully alive!
  7. Oh no! I’m trying my best to “move on” from this lack of TUF tour material but this l, for better or worse, is reigniting that fire (sorry).

I guess I’ll be jonesing for one of these (and a 1992 show) until the day I die.
  8. Originally posted by JanRodi:[..]
    I didn't count the filmed portion of Bono.
    But I find this recording VERY watchable. The energy of the band, of the songs and of the audience is fully alive!
    I find it very watchable to, but i do understand that it's no good for a comercial release
  9. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:I'm watching this right now. I fully understand this was never officially released. It's 95% Bono who was filmed. Adam only in Gloria and even than it was mixed with audience. Larry and Edge have a few more shots, but not much
    I'm sure there is a master copy of it in the U2 or TV station vaults where it could be re edited and remastered for a commercial release, thanks to Paul McGuinness the band have always had a lot of control over what gets filmed and shown on TV .
  10. It's Not about the edit or music: it's the mullet!! .