1. I don’t know their cover if Won’t Get Fooled Again. Where can I find that?
  2. Great version
  3. Oh yeah, Won't Get Fooled Again from Irving Plaza is great indeed, though it suffers a bit from Bono reading the lyrics.

Generally speaking - U2 suck at doing covers. Some snippets during live gigs are interesting, but full covers as such are not a U2 thing. I remember reading that they started to write their own songs because they were not able to play anyone else's songs. They still stick to that formula. They developed unique sound and style. They are one of a kind, great at what they do, but they are not natural musicians who can play whatever they want like Springsteen for instance, or the "old" guys, like Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and above all - Elvis, who did nothing but covers and was able to make any song his own.

And about the Irving Plaza concert - what a gig! I remember how I listened to it over and over again back in 2000. Eventhough I love the nineties U2 most, I remember how fresh they sounded in 2000. They were back. Very different from the POP era, returning to safe space, but so confident and full of energy.

And one more thing to the covers - it is not U2, but I like those two songs Bono did with The Corrs - Summer Wine and When The Stars Go Blue. Andrea did a wonderfull job and Bono didn't ruin it No, seriously, I think they had fun doing those songs and it shows in the performance.

4. Wow, didn't know that Bono had a proper hairdo at the end of the Vertigo Tour!
  5. What's with him having to read the lyrics to "Won't get fooled again" surely that is a song he should have known backwards after all The Who were a big influence on them and U2 even inducted them into the Rock n roll hall of fame Bono giving them glowing praise, I've noticed him reading his own lyrics at the few concerts that I've been close to the stage of songs that were stable classics, does he suffer from memory loss or something seems a bit odd especially when the songs aren't new .
  6. Try to sing any song you think you know by heart to a backing track or just for yourself. You'll be surprised how difficult it is to get the lyrics right. Plus, Won't get fooled again was a late addition to the setlist, due to a Rolling Stone article from early 2001.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:What's with him having to read the lyrics to "Won't get fooled again" surely that is a song he should have known backwards after all The Who were a big influence on them and U2 even inducted them into the Rock n roll hall of fame Bono giving them glowing praise, I've noticed him reading his own lyrics at the few concerts that I've been close to the stage of songs that were stable classics, does he suffer from memory loss or something seems a bit odd especially when the songs aren't new .
    perfectionism !
  8. Best: Beat on the brat
    Worst: Unchained melody
    (Best live: Won't get fooled again)
    (Worst live: What's going on)