1. Demo:

2. Here's the final version of the Deon Jones cover of SBS ft. Bono/Edge. I used some tools on the vocals and added the acoustic guitar (softly though):

I'm curious who can guess which U2 performance I used for this..?
  3. This version ?

4. Yes! That was quick, haha

Main reason I used that is because of the same key and it's a nice live vocal. It's slowed down 11% though to match the Deon Jones track
  5. Did this little test with Bono's vocals on the new Bang A Gong (Get It On) cover. Read about this vocal trick Tony Visconti did with Marc Bolan's vocal, which is double-tracked with a delay to the right ear.

So I separated the U2 cover version into separate stems and double-tracked Bono with a 94ms delay to the right ear. So this would be the song with that vocal effect:

6. Ok, so ehh.. Yesteday I tried a more serious re-do/remix of Bang A Gong (Get It On). The vocals are now double-tracked with a right-ear delay which gives this 3D vocal sound, and I added a bit of (70s) smoothness to the whole mix:

7. I'm shocked how much I've seen that 'single' art for Bang a Gong make its way around youtube and forums, I literally spent 2 minutes making it a week ago lol
  8. Oh yeah, travels more than Covid19. You have to expect that now.
  9. In the last video, the vocal effect suits Bono's delivery.
  10. Originally posted by melon51:Did this little test with Bono's vocals on the new Bang A Gong (Get It On) cover. Read about this vocal trick Tony Visconti did with Marc Bolan's vocal, which is double-tracked with a delay to the right ear.

So I separated the U2 cover version into separate stems and double-tracked Bono with a 94ms delay to the right ear. So this would be the song with that vocal effect:

[YouTube Video]

Did you have problems with the copirights?
  11. Originally posted by justinpushplay:I'm shocked how much I've seen that 'single' art for Bang a Gong make its way around youtube and forums, I literally spent 2 minutes making it a week ago lol
    @justinpushplay

What do you mean with 'single' art? You created the artwork? If so why surprised it's making its way then
  12. Nope.

I get claims, but there's no effect/penalty unless I try to monetize this on YT for example (which is not the goal of this).