1. Found back this old mix which I tried to clean up. Lost the original project so might re-do this proper but it's a fun take of the 'Real Thing' demo with (some of the) album vocals:

2. Found this older mix of Zoo Station as well that I tried to fix. This is basically a mix of:

- A part of the backing track from the "Sky Down" movie..
    - Going in to Brian Eno's "Bottoms" Mix
    - With some added guitars/vocals from the 'baby' (kindergarten) track

3. Originally posted by melon51:Found back this old mix which I tried to clean up. Lost the original project so might re-do this proper but it's a fun take of the 'Real Thing' demo with (some of the) album vocals:

[YouTube Video]
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
    (O lo que es lo mismo, ¡acojonante!)

4. @adrian73 I'm trying a similar mix for Heartland at the moment, let me know if you're interested to hear
  5. Thanks! The funny thing is that a lot of people seem to love this, while I'm not particularly proud of it (I only hear the stuff I'd do differently now)

Oh.. If anyone knows how to solve a "blackscreen" on a macbook air I'd be happy to know. My "vault" is on that one
  6. Tried the "3D vocal" on Heartland a few days ago.. Not sure what to think of it myself, so any feedback (shite/ok/great ) is welcome:

7. I really like what you are doing and always listen to your mixes (thank you for sharing!).

I just had a listen to the Lady with the spinning head/fly/lemon/ultraviolet mix-up and was pleasantly surprised how you mixed in Edge’s opening riff for The Fly halfway into the track. With headphones it just kicks in, is all around and sounds amazing. Is this also one of those 3D tricks? Which made me think: The Fly would fit the 3D treatment perfectly I think; especially the guitar parts; to make it sound more spatial. What do you think?
  8. Originally posted by wj:I really like what you are doing and always listen to your mixes (thank you for sharing!).

I just had a listen to the Lady with the spinning head/fly/lemon/ultraviolet mix-up and was pleasantly surprised how you mixed in Edge’s opening riff for The Fly halfway into the track. With headphones it just kicks in, is all around and sounds amazing. Is this also one of those 3D tricks? Which made me think: The Fly would fit the 3D treatment perfectly I think; especially the guitar parts; to make it sound more spatial. What do you think?
    @wj thanks.. This was an older idea from before the 3D tricks. I did however change the bit where Edge kicks in with that splitting B chord, that's kinda maxed out

I think the guitars on The Fly and Until the end of the world already had some sort of "stereo-spreading" treatment. I worked on a cover band version of The Fly recently where I did that to the guitars/organ/drums/falsetto, while leaving the bass and lower lead vocal in the center. It sort of makes room I guess.

I could have a go at "3D'ing" the guitars for The Fly of course, lemme see
  9. Ok, this is utter bad taste but.. I wanted to find out about A-HA and if U2 was influenced by "The Sun Always Shines On TV". Older idea that I tried to fix and it's so weird that it sounded good again. Please don't hesitate to slaughter this one..

10. Originally posted by melon51:Ok, this is utter bad taste but.. I wanted to find out about A-HA and if U2 was influenced by "The Sun Always Shines On TV". Older idea that I tried to fix and it's so weird that it sounded good again. Please don't hesitate to slaughter this one..

[YouTube Video]
    I hate it so much But I can definitely see why some would like it!
  11. Haha, I know! I guess this is in honour of national "piss of LikeASong" day then
  12. Hahaha yes! I'm gonna listen to Volcano, You're The Best Thing About Me and Get On Your Boots to celebrate it