1984-11-05 - Edinburgh
Tour: Unforgettable Fire Tour
Songs played: 19
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Not being biased, but the recording of this show is exceptional. The crowd during Sunday Bloody Sunday is rapturous too. Even though the following two nights were at the incomparable Barrowlands, the Edinburgh show has the best performance of all the Scottish shows. Great choice!
  2. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Certainly does! Wish I'd seen a show at that time, love TUF & the earlier stuff. Love every song on that setlist! I'll see if I can make it past midnight without turning into a pumpkin

Yeah, staying up late or getting up early for these shows is a challenge I haven't accepted yet. [Waits for another sledge from miryclay ]
  3. Originally posted by conjasnat:And what a great night it was too we rocked that old playhouse boys were on fire still love listening to this show owe the memories
    Wow so you were there It'll be a nice experience for you then

I'm afraid I can't make it to the listening party as I'll be driving literally all of Friday and Saturday, but I hope you all enjoy the listen... Even if it's not G-L-A-S-G-O-W !!!!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow so you were there It'll be a nice experience for you then

I'm afraid I can't make it to the listening party as I'll be driving literally all of Friday and Saturday, but I hope you all enjoy the listen... Even if it's not G-L-A-S-G-O-W !!!!!
    Indeed I was and the following nights at the barrowlands all 3 nights were incredible but Edinburgh for me will always be up there as one of the great nights In terms of a U2 show and nothing to do with storming the stage during Gloria still can’t remember why I did become involved in it, I suppose with all the energy that night I just couldn’t contain myself any longer as did around 30 others, Bone was cool with it, that’s what they get for turning up almost an hour late by the time they came on all the crowd were ready to explode and we did, funny how things come back around, a few years ago me and the neighbours got together for a few drinks turned out my neighbours wife was also on the stage that night..... small world and yes the next day we listened to the whole show again, good times hope everyone enjoys the listen you will not be disappointed. The Jocks know how to party. Listen out for the jokes as Bad intro goes slightly wrong but as always Edge does not panic and the crowd carry them through. Peace
  5. Originally posted by conjasnat:[..]
    Indeed I was and the following nights at the barrowlands all 3 nights were incredible but Edinburgh for me will always be up there as one of the great nights In terms of a U2 show and nothing to do with storming the stage during Gloria still can’t remember why I did become involved in it, I suppose with all the energy that night I just couldn’t contain myself any longer as did around 30 others, Bone was cool with it, that’s what they get for turning up almost an hour late by the time they came on all the crowd were ready to explode and we did, funny how things come back around, a few years ago me and the neighbours got together for a few drinks turned out my neighbours wife was also on the stage that night..... small world and yes the next day we listened to the whole show again, good times hope everyone enjoys the listen you will not be disappointed. The Jocks know how to party. Listen out for the jokes as Bad intro goes slightly wrong but as always Edge does not panic and the crowd carry them through. Peace
    Man, you NEED to be around this Friday and tell us your memories in real time. And tell your neighbor's wife to join U2start and do the same lol Amazing story.
  6. A Friday morning/afternoon seems a strange time for a live show.
  7. Some have requested it to be during work times to listen to while working

But it's always evening somewhere!

We're actually thinking about doing the next one at two different timeslots.
  8. I'm loving the fact that the times are all over the place. As you say Remy, it's evening somewhere. Mixing it up gives everybody a change to watch or listen in, for at least some of the shows. Whether from work or at home.

Keep up the great work guys
  9. Originally posted by ddarroch:I'm loving the fact that the times are all over the place. As you say Remy, it's evening somewhere. Mixing it up gives everybody a change to watch or listen in, for at least some of the shows. Whether from work or at home.

Keep up the great work guys
    That's exactly our reasoning for shuffling it a bit. It would be so easy to do it at 20pm CET everytime, but mixing it up allows people from all over the world to tune it at convenient times. Obviously having a 72,000 userbase from literally all over the world makes it impossible to have everyone happy at all times, but we can try
  10. So who's in today? This is a true great show.
  11. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  12. already waiting at the rail