1. Yeah that's the thing with Grace. You can have it on repeat for hours and you wouldn't even notice because it's BLAND. It's like elevator music. The worst that can happen to a song is to go unnoticed. Grace finds blandness in everything.
  2. The lyrics alone are just painful:

Grace, she takes the blame
    She covers the shame
    Removes the stain
    It could be her name

Grace, it's the name for a girl
    It's also a thought that changed the world
    And when she walks on the street
    You can hear the strings
    Grace finds goodness in everything

Grace, she's got the walk
    Not on a ramp or on chalk
    She's got the time to talk
    She travels outside of karma
    She travels outside of karma
    When she goes to work
    You can hear her strings
    Grace finds beauty in everything

Grace, she carries a world on her hips
    No champagne flute for her lips
    No twirls or skips between her fingertips
    She carries a pearl in perfect condition

What once was hurt
    What once was friction
    What left a mark
    No longer stings
    Because Grace makes beauty
    Out of ugly things

Grace makes beauty out of ugly things
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    The Grace 'haters' are way too loud on this forum. It's a beautiful song, but you would be stupid to admit that in public on U2start. It's a disgrace, but typically u2start
    What, because people simply do not like a song? Give over, for Christ sake.
  4. I think he means the constant repeating of the fact someone doesn’t like a song. It does seem like people feel obligated to repeat the same negative view over and over sometimes. Not a big deal to me right enough but I can understand how it annoys people and it did used to annoy me.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think he means the constant repeating of the fact someone doesn’t like a song. It does seem like people feel obligated to repeat the same negative view over and over sometimes. Not a big deal to me right enough but I can understand how it annoys people and it did used to annoy me.
    I don't think anyone is "constant[ly] repeating" it at all. It's clear a majority of this site dislike the song and thus it is natually louder. People aren't being arrogant or superior, as you seem to be suggesting. It's not negative, it's subjective. People don't like the song, should people be gagged on laying out their thoughts? We're on a forum: a medium where we all gather to share our thoughts. When people start saying "it's a disgrace" because they think they cannot "admit" something on here, they're operating on a completely different reality.

Stop complaining, stop taking it so bloody personally and please, Dean, do not think I'm having a go at you. It's a general view. I think people need to be less sensitive and passionate about something so minor when it really shouldn't matter too much to them.
  6. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I don't think anyone is "constant[ly] repeating" it at all. It's clear a majority of this site dislike the song and thus it is natually louder. People aren't being arrogant or superior, as you seem to be suggesting. It's not negative, it's subjective. People don't like the song, should people be gagged on laying out their thoughts? We're on a forum: a medium where we all gather to share our thoughts. When people start saying "it's a disgrace" because they think they cannot "admit" something on here, they're operating on a completely different reality.

Stop complaining, stop taking it so bloody personally and please, Dean, do not think I'm having a go at you. It's a general view. I think people need to be less sensitive and passionate about something so minor when it really shouldn't matter too much to them.
    I don’t think people are being arrogant or superior. I think it probably comes from being passionate about the band and sometimes I think it’s even a little light hearted. So I’m not saying people are being out of order but I’ve definitely seen the same names pop up a few times knocking the same song or even the same album in different instances. But that’s ok, if that’s how people want to express there views it’s cool. I used to be annoyed at first because I just don’t understand that kind of negative mind set. I can completely understand someone saying they don’t like a song but to repeat that and be much more emphatic than simply saying ‘ I don’t like it’ that’s what I don’t get but it’s fine. I do stand by what I was saying the other day though about it being wrong to slag off how the band members look, I think that’s personal and in bad taste but with the music itself I think I have started to come to the view that it is there to be judged.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t think people are being arrogant or superior. I think it probably comes from being passionate about the band and sometimes I think it’s even a little light hearted. So I’m not saying people are being out of order but I’ve definitely seen the same names pop up a few times knocking the same song or even the same album in different instances. But that’s ok, if that’s how people want to express there views it’s cool. I used to be annoyed at first because I just don’t understand that kind of negative mind set. I can completely understand someone saying they don’t like a song but to repeat that and be much more emphatic than simply saying ‘ I don’t like it’ that’s what I don’t get but it’s fine. I do stand by what I was saying the other day though about it being wrong to slag off how the band members look, I think that’s personal and in bad taste but with the music itself I think I have started to come to the view that it is there to be judged.
    Again, I'll reinforce the points that no one feels "obligated" to repeat the same point over and over, we're on a public forum all passionate about the same band where you're going to get a difference of opinions, thus meaning nobody should get personal about it.

Can't we all just state our thoughts and leave it at that? Rather than have these roundabout moments about how opinions are put across. There's no 'method' in this, just accept it and move on.
  8. I just listened again, I really just don't see what everyone hates about "Grace". Is it in the top tier of U2 songs? Hell no! But I don't hate it, and the music is quite beautiful. Edge and Adam's bass and guitar lines dancing around each other, with Daniel's atmospheric lap steel in the background... I like it. Yes, Bono's lyrics are cringy. But if I hated every U2 song that had cringy lyrics, I wouldn't like many U2 songs. Nothing in this song is worse than "Freedom = Baby's head" or "Cross the road like a little old lady".
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Again, I'll reinforce the points that no one feels "obligated" to repeat the same point over and over, we're on a public forum all passionate about the same band where you're going to get a difference of opinions, thus meaning nobody should get personal about it.

Can't we all just state our thoughts and leave it at that? Rather than have these roundabout moments about how opinions are put across. There's no 'method' in this, just accept it and move on.
    I think I pretty much was accepting it but I don’t accept people making remarks about how the band members look otherwise we would need to open that up to be allowed to slag off the users on the forum about things such as there looks etc. I think that would only be fair. But about the music itself you won’t see me complaining anymore about people expressing there views.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I don't think anyone is "constant[ly] repeating" it at all. It's clear a majority of this site dislike the song and thus it is natually louder..
    Rick (as usual) was aiming at me indirectly, and I will gladly admit that I "constantly" repeat my disliking for Grace whenever we talk about ATYCLB or boring songs in general It has almost become an inside joke for U2start. I don't go out on my personal social media accounts or tell the bus driver how much I hate Grace lol
  11. If this is the level of a disgrace then wait until he hears about actual problems
  12. No, the keys are in tune and there's not any nasty edit or anything. It's just that the synth plays a C-G-G# with a bit of tremolo (which makes it go up and down in pitch a little) and to the ear it clashes a bit with Edge's A#-G hammer off. But it's all in tune, on key and just perfect. What a song ♥