1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Rick (as usual) was aiming at me indirectly, and I will gladly admit that I "constantly" repeat my disliking for Grace whenever we talk about ATYCLB or boring songs in general It has almost become an inside joke for U2start. I don't go out on my personal social media accounts or tell the bus driver how much I hate Grace lol

no, I was not (specifically) aiming at you. my post was 1 minute before yours. I might react to your posts more often than others, so I can see where you're coming from, but probably that's because half of the posts on this forum are yours And sometimes your posts just need a bit of a disclaimer. I can understand you don't always like that, but sometimes I just can't resist.
  2. I like Grace....
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

clearly it was a bit of a play on words when using the word disGRACE. If taken literally it might have been a bit too much, but not even that far of. Of course it's okay to dislike a song, it happens even with U2 songs. I don't think the majority of the U2 fans dislikes this song or any U2 song at all. This forum might give that impression, but I doubt it's a good reflection of the truth. And I think that's a bit of a problem here, regularly U2 related things (including songs) are approached very negatively, or the other way around, way too positive. The nuance is missing often. I think this creates a bit of an unwelcome environment. Maybe that's just me, but with over 70.000 members the number of regular posters is very very small, very exclusive.
    Apart from that I agree with what Dean already said.

Most of the 70,000 are registered to download recordings. You have to be registered to download a show.
  4. Don’t forget the members who have alter egos.
  5. yes, that's probably the main attraction of this site but still you would expect (or hope) a certain percentage to find and enjoy the forum. The layout of the site and the accessibility of the forum is very good, so that's certainly not what's holding people back.
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yes, that's probably the main attraction of this site but still you would expect (or hope) a certain percentage to find and enjoy the forum. The layout of the site and the accessibility of the forum is very good, so that's certainly not what's holding people back.
    Far more active years:

2015: Total users: 63,909 (forum posters: 4,425, show downloaders: 43,355

2014: Total users: 56,579 (forum posters: 3,950, show downloaders: 41,008)
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

clearly it was a bit of a play on words when using the word disGRACE. If taken literally it might have been a bit too much, but not even that far of. Of course it's okay to dislike a song, it happens even with U2 songs. I don't think the majority of the U2 fans dislikes this song or any U2 song at all. This forum might give that impression, but I doubt it's a good reflection of the truth. And I think that's a bit of a problem here, regularly U2 related things (including songs) are approached very negatively, or the other way around, way too positive. The nuance is missing often. I think this creates a bit of an unwelcome environment. Maybe that's just me, but with over 70.000 members the number of regular posters is very very small, very exclusive.
    Apart from that I agree with what Dean already said.

Ah, good old fashioned backpeddling. Reeks of trying to find an issue out of nothing.
  8. Jesus Christ, can we get back to talking about the album reissue? I for one am excited to purchase a deluxe edition of the first U2 album I ever bought...even if I own all of the songs already in multiple formats

And while Slane Castle remains a Peak U2 for me, the Boston show as grown on me as the years have passed.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Far more active years:

2015: Total users: 63,909 (forum posters: 4,425, show downloaders: 43,355

2014: Total users: 56,579 (forum posters: 3,950, show downloaders: 41,008)
    shows you the potential, most disappeared again..
  10. Because there is naff all to talk about when the band aren’t in an active album/tour cycle. There’s only so many times one can say they dislike Grace and apparently that is once. The band is stale now, people are probably off enjoying other bands and possibly partaking in forums related to them.

Just like 2009-12 and 14/15, people will return when the band give us something to actually get excited about. I’m not sure what it is you want people to sit here and discuss, I certainly don’t see any new topics created by yourself recently. Feel free to open one to discuss the lack of activity at the site.

As the poster above stated though, let’s get this one back on track.
  11. Edge's typo hashtag just didn't take off:

#thegoulissoul