1. But but... DO THE SLAM DANCE
  2. how can a remix be so much worse than the original song? and that 3 times in a row? I'm not critical at remixes in general, you can hardly do anything wrong with it, but these are just not worthy to be labeled with the name U2. Does the band actually know about this?

3. Kind of makes sense that the cover art to the Trilogy EP looks like this...these remix versions are truly sad.
  4. Here are my thoughts on U2 remixes...

They worked better on their 1990's albums due to the sonic sounds of those albums which fitted a more dance aesthetic.

With their 1980's material... the remixes from War for example are not too over-produced and compliment those original songs. The remixes released on The Joshua Tree 2017 edition also honoured those original songs and weren't drowned in pro-tool plastic.

All That You Can't Leave Behind was as Bono said, 'the sound of a band playing in a room'. Since 2000, most of their material has been a more 'back to basic' sound of song writing which is why when it comes to cutting these songs up and introducing samples doesn't make for such strong remixes.

The Beautiful Day 'Perfecto Mix' I think however is an exception and works well because it doesn't turn the song into something too unrecognisable or bland. And with some more experimentation on No Line On The Horizon, some remixes were not too bad either.

U2 should have given more thought to this ATYCLB anniversary release. I think they rushed it a bit and gave little to no thought on these 'new' remixes. If this is a package for fans, we (and I certainly) would prefer an EP of album working demos or alternative mixes of those final songs. U2 are a band and were much more so back to that idea on this album. That's what should of been the aesthetic behind this release.
  5. Is it me or does the In A Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix) sound like a mash of the In The Air Tonight ‘88 Remix with the album version of In A Little While? I don’t think we missed much on the streaming services saving these three remixes off the digital album.
  6. More nonsense. These remixes, honestly - U2 are a supposed rock/post-punk band and they came out with these?! Embarrassing on all fronts. It's been getting worse since NLOTH (some of those remixes ... ) doesn't the world have enough thumping electronic nonsense in it already?

To think they were so excited about some extra songs back in '99-'00 ... Helicopter and Jubilee I think they were, and where are these?

From u2songs: https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_stuck_in_a_moment_single_europe_and_australia

Early promotional material for the single announced that it would contain the B-side “Novelty Act,” an outtake from the Pop album sessions (in fact, “Novelty Act” was in consideration at one point for the title of that album).
  7. 95% of all U2’s remixes are garbage
  8. We could be glad it's not next subscribers gift. Would be worse than the previous remixes vynil...
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:More nonsense. These remixes, honestly - U2 are a supposed rock/post-punk band and they came out with these?! Embarrassing on all fronts. It's been getting worse since NLOTH (some of those remixes ... ) doesn't the world have enough thumping electronic nonsense in it already?

To think they were so excited about some extra songs back in '99-'00 ... Helicopter and Jubilee I think they were, and where are these?

From u2songs: https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_stuck_in_a_moment_single_europe_and_australia

Early promotional material for the single announced that it would contain the B-side “Novelty Act,” an outtake from the Pop album sessions (in fact, “Novelty Act” was in consideration at one point for the title of that album).
    Couldn't agree more. These remixes that they have been trying to shove down everyone's throats with every deluxe reissue are utter garbage and proves once again how out of touch the band and management are with the fans.
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25:[..]
    Couldn't agree more. These remixes that they have been trying to shove down everyone's throats with every deluxe reissue are utter garbage and proves once again how out of touch the band and management are with the fans.
    It's not even about including anything ... if they have no remixes then just don't put anything there. The worst offender ever was that Best Thing remix on SoE and the Magnificent / Go Crazy remixes. Utter utter crap. Bleehhhhhhh!!!!

Really - I look at TUF and TJT and AB and even Boy/October/War deluxe editions. Much better and worth it. This - not really. It's sad because I love the band - but their decisions of the last 6-7 years haven't been much good. Coincidentally, that's when Live Nation took over wasn't it?

These are nearly on par with the TJT30 remixes - whatever those things were.
  11. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]
    It's not even about including anything ... if they have no remixes then just don't put anything there. The worst offender ever was that Best Thing remix on SoE and the Magnificent / Go Crazy remixes. Utter utter crap. Bleehhhhhhh!!!!

Really - I look at TUF and TJT and AB and even Boy/October/War deluxe editions. Much better and worth it. This - not really. It's sad because I love the band - but their decisions of the last 6-7 years haven't been much good. Coincidentally, that's when Live Nation took over wasn't it?

These are nearly on par with the TJT30 remixes - whatever those things were.
    The Kygo remix of The Best Thing is good.
  12. Yeah the Kygo remix is one of the few remixes I like. They could have just stuck a few more live tracks on there, things that have already been released even or maybe an additional track or 2 that hadn’t been released from the same show, Irving plaza, farmclub, manray , plenty out there I would have rather had compiled together than remixes. They could have done a few acoustic songs, ground beneath her feet which was played acoustic live anyway so could be easily done, when I look at the world acoustic, beautiful day even. Basically anything but remixes. And the 2 mixes/edits of songs that were really quite good the walk on hallelujah one (I think that’s the right one) and elevation tomb raider mix they leave off. I don’t think it’s laziness to include the remixes I just think it’s poor judgement about what most fans want.