1. Originally posted by EridescoFly:Here are my thoughts on U2 remixes...

They worked better on their 1990's albums due to the sonic sounds of those albums which fitted a more dance aesthetic.

With their 1980's material... the remixes from War for example are not too over-produced and compliment those original songs. The remixes released on The Joshua Tree 2017 edition also honoured those original songs and weren't drowned in pro-tool plastic.

All That You Can't Leave Behind was as Bono said, 'the sound of a band playing in a room'. Since 2000, most of their material has been a more 'back to basic' sound of song writing which is why when it comes to cutting these songs up and introducing samples doesn't make for such strong remixes.

The Beautiful Day 'Perfecto Mix' I think however is an exception and works well because it doesn't turn the song into something too unrecognisable or bland. And with some more experimentation on No Line On The Horizon, some remixes were not too bad either.

U2 should have given more thought to this ATYCLB anniversary release. I think they rushed it a bit and gave little to no thought on these 'new' remixes. If this is a package for fans, we (and I certainly) would prefer an EP of album working demos or alternative mixes of those final songs. U2 are a band and were much more so back to that idea on this album. That's what should of been the aesthetic behind this release.

That BD Perfecto remix isn't really a remix. More like a garage demo.
  2. Umm, sure... a remix that isn't a remix. I've noticed you like to contradict my posts.
  3. Does someone have the guitar score of the live version of bullet?
  4. I actually like the SATS remixes! 90’s u2 remixes are 90% good.
    ATYCLB remixes ☹️.

This release should have had more outtakes, different versions etc. The second ‘disc’ is nice really like it but should have had more songs. Was probably beacause it’s a vinyl disc. The live stuff isn’t interesting for me to buy this set.
  5. We're probably the wrong demographic for this (rock fans, not EDM) but has anyone ever been in a club or at a rave and heard a DJ give any U2 remix an airing?
  6. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:We're probably the wrong demographic for this (rock fans, not EDM) but has anyone ever been in a club or at a rave and heard a DJ give any U2 remix an airing?
    The only ones worth airing are the Oakenfold remixes of EBTTRT and Lemon
  7. Ohhh the Bad Yard Club Mix of Lemon ... the 10minute one. Perfection.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:We're probably the wrong demographic for this (rock fans, not EDM) but has anyone ever been in a club or at a rave and heard a DJ give any U2 remix an airing?
    I used to go to a lot of raves when I was younger and I heard someone play one of the vertigo remixes once. All my friends just looked at me and went here we go