1. It is what it is.
    Medicore really.

Could easily have been recorded mid 90's when there was a swathe of similar sounding toss put out.
  2. To my ears the issue is more the vocal sound (too dry) than Bono's delivery, which is fine
  3. I don't lived during the 70s, so I don't like glam rock. lol
    Sorry guys, but I don't like this cover.
    In fact this is not the first time someone make a cover of this song.
  4. I think Bono sounds great and it's always good to hear him. . But it doesn't really add anything; not sure why they covered this.
  5. Originally posted by jennagirl:I think Bono sounds great and it's always good to hear him. . But it doesn't really add anything; not sure why they covered this.
    Became they should have done it 92 or 93 but forget. Edge also didn't have a Fuzz or Marshall on hand.....
  6. How does it compare to this one you guys think?

7. I didn't even make it through the whole thing. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it... I simply NOTHING it. I will probably never listen to it again. Much like U2's cover of Fortunate Son or Paint it Black.
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:I didn't even make it through the whole thing. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it... I simply NOTHING it. I will probably never listen to it again. Much like U2's cover of Fortunate Son or Paint it Black.
    Honestly, a great take. It’s just a cover, nothing to take too seriously (like I did at first). Just good to hear something, similar to when they did This Is back in ~2013.
  9. I guess this is one of those hard-to-cover songs anyways. Gotta say I like the Piano and Sax (and Elton's backing)
  10. In my opinion, Bono sounds uninspired somehow. It‘s a great song, but I feel this Coverversion lacks something ... Nevertheless, Sax and Piano are very groovy!