1997-12-03 - Mexico City
Tour: Popmart
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. incroyable
  2. During song for someone on the video screen is that Eli as his dad? Anyone know? I’ve been wondering that.
  3. From the i+e Live in Paris boxset's book: "During song for someone, Bono's childhood home is recreated on the screens. Bono's son, Eli, walks around the house - playing his dad age 15 - looking alone and dejected...."
  4. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    From the i+e Live in Paris boxset's book: "During song for someone, Bono's childhood home is recreated on the screens. Bono's son, Eli, walks around the house - playing his dad age 15 - looking alone and dejected...."
    I did not know that and I never paid attention to it when I watched it before. I never got the box set. Of course when this concert was originally released I didn’t know who Eli was. Now I do!
  5. Originally posted by Cgmorgan1986:[..]
    I did not know that and I never paid attention to it when I watched it before. I never got the box set. Of course when this concert was originally released I didn’t know who Eli was. Now I do!
    Their children have played a significant role ever since the band entered the i + e era which is kinda cool. Eli on Song for someone for the visuals, Eli & Sian on SOE’s cover, Larry & his son on SOI’s cover (great album cover imo, I remember Larry said he had a stormy relationship with his son and that the cover was a nice moment of closeness), Jordan & Eve on the GOOYOW single cover, Sian on COBL visuals of the experience tour (and of course there was the Sian T-shirt!). I wonder if they’ll be part of another future project.
  6. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    Their children have played a significant role ever since the band entered the i + e era which is kinda cool. Eli on Song for someone for the visuals, Eli & Sian on SOE’s cover, Larry & his son on SOI’s cover (great album cover imo, I remember Larry said he had a stormy relationship with his son and that the cover was a nice moment of closeness), Jordan & Eve on the GOOYOW single cover, Sian on COBL visuals of the experience tour (and of course there was the Sian T-shirt!). I wonder if they’ll be part of another future project.
    That is something I’ve noticed with the band mates kids. I think it’s been pretty cool also.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:But creepy guy was also on stage in Cologne and at least one of the Barcelona shows, if I remember correctly.

I have met 'creepy guy' at the London show of the Joshua Tree Anniversary tour, he was polite and a nice enough person. My only gripe these days and especially on the I&E tour is that it was always the same people getting up on stage at multiple gigs... Not very spontaneous at all.
  8. I need to apologize to the guy for calling him 'creepy', as I don't know him. His part on stage is clearly staged (as it had happened before) and it happened in accordance with the band, so who am I to jugde him as a person?