1. Wait this was a thing?

Imma need more info please
  2. I think I can solve this now.
    I went into the basement and looked at my old diary from the trip to Ireland in August/September 1993.
    After the two shows, I stayed in Dublin for a few more days and the went to the west coast. I traveled on my own. On Saturday, Sep 4th I ended up in a very small village called Cromane, where I went to the pub in the evening. I remember it being close to the coast. I don't know the name of the pub, but the name of the young woman who worked there, Eighleen, as she wrote down her adress for me, I still have that piece of paper.
    She had a tape of the Dublin show running in that pub, which surprised me (as noted in my diary). I bought it later when I was back in Dublin at the end of the following week.

There where not many people in there and we had a long conversation. She was a wonderful and nice person who did not mind my bad English and, according to my diary, I fell in love with her a little. I even took a picture of her, which I still have in my album.

There was a guitar at the pub, and as I played guitar, Eighleen, I and a few guys (some of which also played) started playing songs, one guy had a very good voice. As we often did not know the lyrics we made up our own and had a lot of fun, we literally fell over laughing some times, as it was so funny. I did not get every joke of course, but some lyric changes were nasty....

It is most likely that I played Desire, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is you, Still Haven't Found ( I had learned the picking), Michelle and Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles, as this was my repertoire at the time. According to my diary I spent the whole evening there and we had a few pints to many.
    It is most likely that "Salvation Army Blues" was made up that night and I had it in the back of my memory since that day, but never actually heard it sung by Bono.

That's my theory.
  3. Was miryclay one of these gentlemen??

4. so it took you 6 pages to realise that you were pissed

..n...e...x...t...
  5. That's actually a really great story, Papo. Thanks for sharing. Did you ever see Eighleen again?
  6. No, I didn't. Don't even remember if I ever wrote her. I went to the basement to check my diary for a list of tapes I bought during that trip, which I found. Then I kept sorting through the box where I stored All the stuff colleczed on this trip, even the long lost original copy of a photo of Edge and me at Windmill Lane on Aug 26th, 1993.
    The memories of that night came back when reading the diary and finding the adress written down by Eighleen.

7. Oh, and it's Eighlin, not Eighleen...

8. Wait, stop the press. We may have a development!
  9. You're right, thank you!