1. I love it that in 2018 they were trying to figure out ways to work all the new songs into the setlist. I truly do respect that they stand behind their new material and still put their new narratives at the forefront.

Unfortunately, most people that shell out the big bucks for U2 just want to hear the greatest hits, and maybe tolerate a few deep cuts and new songs. I am the opposite of that; I’d be happy to never hear SBS, IWF, Pride, etc at a U2 show again. Nothing against those songs, they’re great. But I’d rather hear Surrender than SBS, Twilight than IWF, ASOH than Pride, etc.

I’d prefer they not go the nostalgia AB/ZOO anniversary route. But I understand that at this point in their career, nostalgia = full stadiums = big money. I’ll be glad to see them again in any capacity, I guess. Hopefully that’s possible.

2. Ahah what the fuck! It could be funny
  3. Crazy what 10 years can do. October (1981) to AB (1991), JT (1987) to Pop (1997), Passengers (1995) to Vertigo Tour (2005). However, I do agree with most that he’s aged 20 years over the last 10. Still looks great after having as many health issues as he’s had, but around JT17 is the first time where I literally thought “damn he’s getting old :/“
  4. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    Crazy what 10 years can do. October (1981) to AB (1991), JT (1987) to Pop (1997), Passengers (1995) to Vertigo Tour (2005). However, I do agree with most that he’s aged 20 years over the last 10. Still looks great after having as many health issues as he’s had, but around JT17 is the first time where I literally thought “damn he’s getting old :/“
    I noticed in 2015 when seeing him up close for the first time since 2009. He looked in good physical shape but the man looked like he’d been embalmed. His left hand all withered from the bike accident I assume. From 2017 onwards he at least just looks like he is ageing rather than there being anything particularly wrong with him.

He does always manage to get himself into impressive shape for tour time though.
  5. Yes he has aged since 2017/ the Health Scare.

However, 2 things he stopped doing which make him look younger

1) shave
    2) keep the hair SHORT. The BD/ES/360/2015 tour haircut works so much better than Elevation/Vertigo/2017/2019 hair.
  6. I+E (besides the shitty bleached look) is one of his best haircuts.

There's a shot of him at some award ceremony with his hair cut like that and it looks superb
  7. His look on The Graham Norton Show is one of my favourites, he should do that again.
  8. They should do a 'no classics' tour at some point. Basically don't play any of the following songs:

IWF
    SBS
    NYD
    Pride
    Bad
    WTSHNN
    ISHFWILF
    WOWY
    BTBS
    Desire
    AOH
    WLCTT