1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s still a point that doesn’t hold up. They haven’t incorporated a lot of AB into their sets since 360. Yes 3/4 of the album has been played but only the hits and ultraviolet were played a significant amount of times. JT had since the vertigo tour 8 of the 11 album songs played live before TJT tour. They haven’t played a lot of the AB songs very often.
    Okay, well if "it's still a point that doesn't hold up" I'm going to say this has went entirely way over your head. I say that because of your last sentence as well.
  2. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Okay, well if "it's still a point that doesn't hold up" I'm going to say this has went entirely way over your head. I say that because of your last sentence as well.
    What part has went over my head? You’ve said AB has been incorporated a lot into the sets since 360, no it hasn’t. The stats don’t lie the number of shows missed by at least half the album since then is unreal.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s still a point that doesn’t hold up. They haven’t incorporated a lot of AB into their sets since 360. Yes 3/4 of the album has been played but only the hits and ultraviolet were played a significant amount of times. JT had since the vertigo tour 8 of the 11 album songs played live before TJT tour. They haven’t played a lot of the AB songs very often.
    I don’t buy your point.

Zoo Station
    Even Better
    One
    end of the World
    Wild Horses
    The Fly
    Mysterious Ways
    UV
    Acrobat

These have all featured recently. Yes they might not always have become setlist staples but to me this only emphasises how keen the band are to keep trying to incorporate AB into their set. It doesn’t need to be like 2011 when they replicated ZooTV and they don’t need to play the songs every single night.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    What part has went over my head? You’ve said AB has been incorporated a lot into the sets since 360, no it hasn’t. The stats don’t lie the number of shows missed by at least half the album since then is unreal.
    Well, did you read my comment in its entirety or did you just want to get your two cents in and *yet again* ensure it's the one we should all obey to?

Zoo Station, EBTTRT, One, UTEOTW, Wild Horses, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Ultraviolet and Acrobat ALL played since 360 Tour. TTTYAATW rehearsed on 360 in Turin. 2/3 of the album, 3/4 if you include rehearsals. A lot of the tracks they kept for i+e, e+i, they played Ultraviolet on JT Tour (!!!), brought tracks in for e+i. How can't you comprehend this? It's basic stuff.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I fully take this to mean that the concept of ZooTV remains a point of interest rather than an anniversary celebration of the album or the original tour itself.

I also hate the idea of that. I don’t know how they would putt it off in a way that wouldn’t make my skin crawl.

I prefer the idea of an AB tour/ show than a zoo tv 2 or whatever it would be called. For me it’s about playing the album in full and they can definitely do that. I’m sure it was u2songs that mentioned they were thinking about adding a bit of an AB and/or Pop tribute part into the next tour but I think that was on the basis it would be touring a new album and this would just be a part of the show as opposed to central to the show. So I guess in that scenario the songs would just be presented slightly tweaked compared to how they’ve been done in the past.
  6. Do we need to point the stats out again with actual numbers about how little these songs have been played since 360?
  7. 312 shows from 360

Zoo station played 20 times
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 23 times
    The Fly 27 times
    Love Is Blindness, So Cruel, Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World all never played in that time.

And even though Acrobat featured during the entire E&I tour that’s only 59 performances since it was released nearly 30 years ago.
  8. 2018 Experience and Innocence Tour

Joshua Tree: Number of songs played. Zero. Must be an inconsequential album.
  9. Get your stats out for the lads.

It genuinely does not matter how many times each song was played, it's the fact they were played on stage by the band. It merely shows - even if they were rehearsed! - that the band are thinking about the music from that particular period in their career. That's the point I was pretty much making in the initial post, which spoke hypothetically and speculatively about an anniversary tour.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:312 shows from 360

Zoo station played 20 times
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 23 times
    The Fly 27 times
    Love Is Blindness, So Cruel, Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World all never played in that time.

And even though Acrobat featured during the entire E&I tour that’s only 59 performances since it was released nearly 30 years ago.
    Lol at dismissing ‘only 59 performances’ of Acrobat.
  11. Yeah, "only 59 performances" of Acrobat - a song that U2 fans incessantly campaigned to be played for over 25 years. No biggie.