1. I still dig it. It’s exactly what it intends to be and it will likely get a lot of radio time. Yes, there’s not a lot of substance to it but that doesn’t always have to be the case. 7/10

It’s great to once again like a Bono vocal. That intro though. Blah. Sounds a bit like the jingle before 2017 In Gods Country.
  2. Love Bono's voice, the song is nothing special.

I don't like the style of music Martin creates, the collaboration with KYGO was much better

Edit: It's already growing on me hahah, hate the autotune in the "a hated war" lyric though.
  3. Collaboration with Kygo? You mean: U2 wrote a weak song and Kygo remixed it into something worse?

Like others mentioned before: i like Bono's vocals. But i can't see the link with football/soccer
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:I still dig it. It’s exactly what it intends to be and it will likely get a lot of radio time. Yes, there’s not a lot of substance to it but that doesn’t always have to be the case. 7/10

It’s great to once again like a Bono vocal. That intro though. Blah. Sounds a bit like the jingle before 2017 In Gods Country.
    I 100% agree with everything. I'll add that a lil bit more of guitar wouldn't have hurt the song and would at least justify having The Edge in there.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I 100% agree with everything. I'll add that a lil bit more of guitar wouldn't have hurt the song and would at least justify having The Edge in there.
    Aye it must be contractually agreed that if you want Bono them Edge must be invited to. It’s funny to see Edge in the video pretending to play something. I’m sure they could have had him lay down a bit of rhythm or something.
  6. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Collaboration with Kygo? You mean: U2 wrote a weak song and Kygo remixed it into something worse?

Like others mentioned before: i like Bono's vocals. But i can't see the link with football/soccer
    The Kygo Remix is top tier
  7. Is Edge not playing a bit of acoustic right at the end of the track? I know it’s not exactly a big contribution but as I mentioned last night I really can hear it being a good acoustic number for Bono and edge to play live on one of their tv appearance type performances. I’m still really enjoying it. Completely took me by surprise, I had zero expectations for it but I had to play it a few times on repeat last night I was really into it.
  8. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Collaboration with Kygo? You mean: U2 wrote a weak song and Kygo remixed it into something worse?

No I didn't mean that.
  9. The other thing I was expecting -and therefore I'm missing- is one last "punchier" chorus, maybe with some vocal choir or something. I could live with the song not going anywhere and with the rest of little things that don't convince me, but it would be much better if they had the obvious cliché of a children/female choir to boost the last chorus.
  10. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Collaboration with Kygo? You mean: U2 wrote a weak song and Kygo remixed it into something worse?

Is it not just about football bringing people together? This is a euro’s that was to be staged in different countries not just one location like usual Euro’s. And people often talk about football as bringing people together despite the rivalries fans of different teams/nations sort of come together for certain causes.
  11. Gosh this is meh. I have to say I wasn’t expecting anything special & it sort of sticks to the tried and tested and rather boring formulaic nature of pop music these days (housey bit, auto tune bit etc.). On the plus no ‘freedom has the scent...of a new born babies head’ screamer of a lyric. Which it could have had! Bono sounds good but there is a lot of production in there so hard to get a feeling of raw vocal etc.
  12. Originally posted by Reach1985:Gosh this is meh. I have to say I wasn’t expecting anything special & it sort of sticks to the tried and tested and rather boring formulaic nature of pop music these days (housey bit, auto tune bit etc.). On the plus no ‘freedom has the scent...of a new born babies head’ screamer of a lyric. Which it could have had! Bono sounds good but there is a lot of production in there so hard to get a feeling of raw vocal etc.
    I was wondering how produced Bono’s vocal in this song is.