1. Bono is fucking outrageous in this. Amazing.
  2. That electric violin ruined the performance for me; it’s an awful ugly sound.
  3. It’s an abomination but you can still appreciate how effortlessly good Bono is here.
  4. One might think that the violin thing could be the preliminary stage or the demo for SOS 40 Songs. The violin sounds cruel, as if it were badly out of tune.
  5. Sounds like a screaming cat
  6. Originally posted by felix2:One might think that the violin thing could be the preliminary stage or the demo for SOS 40 Songs. The violin sounds cruel, as if it were badly out of tune.
    It's so cruel... I'll get my coat.
  7. The violin is not out of tune, but Shankar uses scales our ears are not used to.
    We are used to full- an half-tone-steps; in some parts of the world quarter-tone-steps are common as well.
  8. It’s also very prominent in the mix. It’s still an all time great delivery of One.
  9. Yeah, the mix is rushed or rather absent, violin too prominent, backing vox mic is silent - but Bono’s delivery is fantastic and Edge's strumming fine, imho.
    I will try to do sth with the moises app over the weekend...
  10. Thanks dad
  11. Bono is very close to fat Elvis there--both in look and in the amazing vocal performance. Bravo. I love the violin. The strangeness (to my ears) helps me hear the song differently.