1. i agree with both Trying (live) and No Line
  2. Originally posted by marik:[..]
    this analysis from a musical standpoint is exactly what I was hoping for.

Overall, I would say U2 bridges are "less noticable/distinct" than other bands I listen to. Would you say they dont stray off too much from the verse/chorus musically (of course there are exceptions)
    Yes, many other bands -both mainstream and independent- have more noticeable bridges. U2 are usually quite subtle with their musical approaches in general, and that includes bridges and middle eights obviously. Also their usual reluctance to include changes in time signature -a pretty common trick for song bridges- makes it harder for their bridges to really shine out.

Electrical Storm is a funny example because the "baby don't cry" at the end is in a completely different place musically (in the key of Em Dorian instead of F#m like the rest of the song), so it would definitely qualify as a bridge -and a great one, fwiw-, but here they used it as the outro. Clever. But then again, outros with key change usually shift the key up, not down. Whoa
  3. Ultraviolet and Miracle Drug (edge vocal) are a couple of favourites.

Honourable mention to a couple or SOI and SOE songs in Iris and Love is Bigger
  4. Originally posted by colbourne25:Ultraviolet and Miracle Drug (edge vocal) are a couple of favourites.

Honourable mention to a couple or SOI and SOE songs in Iris and Love is Bigger
    Ohhhhhhh how could I forget Love Is Bigger! First and only time a U2 song has made me shed a tear in the first listen, and it was obviously the bridge that made it! Good call.

What would you say is Ultraviolet's bridge?
  5. Stuck live has a great bridge. 'I was unconscious'
  6. I really do love bridges or even instrumental breaks in U2 songs, which usually means a little edge solo. Some of the songs mentioned already would be amongst my favourite bridges. Don’t know if anyone’s said Crumbs ‘where you live should not decide’.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Ohhhhhhh how could I forget Love Is Bigger! First and only time a U2 song has made me shed a tear in the first listen, and it was obviously the bridge that made it! Good call.

What would you say is Ultraviolet's bridge?
    "I remember, when we could sleep on stone..."

Hits me for 6 every time
  8. I guessed you meant that. Definitely qualifies as a verse, not a bridge in my book...

...That being said, it might very well be the best standalone verse of any U2 song ever. It is THAT good.