1. I actually don't get what y'all see is so great about UV. The whole forum be gushing
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, many other bands -both mainstream and independent- have more noticeable bridges. U2 are usually quite subtle with their musical approaches in general, and that includes bridges and middle eights obviously. Also their usual reluctance to include changes in time signature -a pretty common trick for song bridges- makes it harder for their bridges to really shine out.

Electrical Storm is a funny example because the "baby don't cry" at the end is in a completely different place musically (in the key of Em Dorian instead of F#m like the rest of the song), so it would definitely qualify as a bridge -and a great one, fwiw-, but here they used it as the outro. Clever. But then again, outros with key change usually shift the key up, not down. Whoa

Interesting observation about Electrical Storm, never realized it, but it is indeed unusual
  3. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    It sounded fairly fantastic on that acoustic during the Outside Broadcast. Especially that 'lift me up, lift me up' part.

No Line live was always missing a large piece. It sounded a little too skeletal for my liking.

Amen to the "lift me up, lift me up" part on TTTYAATW. Then into Bono's falsetto part...bliss.