1. Originally posted by LikeASong
    I'd love to see Where The Streets Have No Name (with the awesome flash!!) from the highest stand of an Arena... I would die!

I haven't seen this from the highest stand, but it's pretty amazing. Cause you can see the whole shape of the stands, but hands are clapping, people are jumping up & down, and everything is bright yellow. Boston DVD captures this really well. Best of luck getting an arena show on the next tour!
  2. Originally posted by AAV71190% of U2's music is designed for a large space, making clubs inelligible (although I would name Irving Plaza one of my Top 5 bootlegs- the stadium anthems sound so cool with only 1000 people).

Arenas are probably best because everyone has a good seat no matter where they are, the band and audience are in much closer proximity, sound quality is better (no need for delay towers or massive speaker stacks), light effects work better (U2 had to change around the setlists for European leg of Vertigo because concerts started earlier in the day when sun was still out- imagine playing Streets in broad daylight).

That said, the best stadium shows outshine the best arena shows- and the cavernous quality of stadiums looks better on camera. Sound quality is also usually pretty good (POPMART Mexico City).

So I would say arenas are slightly better than stadium shows. For me, I'd say the intimacy between band and audience makes arenas that much more worthwhile, despite all the cool things about being outdoors.

This is very well said.

Irving Plaza = proof that U2 can rock a small club

Arenas are your best bet for the "average" U2 show, but the best stadiums are unbeatable (Slane, Milan, Sydney, ZooDublin, Sarajevo anybody?)

---

...uh oh, 99 posts in 53 days... looks like someone needs to stop procrastinating
  3. Originally posted by AAV711

So I would say arenas are slightly better than stadium shows. For me, I'd say the intimacy between band and audience makes arenas that much more worthwhile, despite all the cool things about being outdoors.

I know what you mean and yes Arena's have there pluspoints but then i think about what they said in Belgium once :
    Reporter : "Why does U2 play only once in Belgium ? Don't you like the Belgian audience ?"
    The Edge "Yeah we love to play in Belgium but there's just no other place to play in Belgium than The King Bouduin Stadium..."

And yes he said "stadium"
    But what i mean is that i think the band hasn't got the intention to play in Arena's (anymore...)
    Or certainly not in Europe cause i think almost every concert in Europe was in a stadium
    I know they play more in Arena's in America like the NBA Arena's... (maybe another easons they play more in America : it takes 3 concerts in an Arena to have the same paying visitors than in a stadium...)
  4. Hi to everybody

and I prefer U2 playing in a stadium

U2 is the best band with the best musics...for me the U2 needs to play in a big staduim with a special atmosphere...playing loud with everybody jumping and screaming...like U2 shows in europe and here in south america...like the only show that I attend(Vertigo Tour here in Sao Paulo,2006-02-20)...the show have a great audiece,a great sound,Bono wore the jacket with a brazilian flag and I'll never forget!!!

U2 + STADIUMS =

See you friends!!!
  5. Originally posted by BelgianBono it takes 3 concerts in an Arena to have the same paying visitors than in a stadium...)
    Absolutely true.
  6. Originally posted by BelgianBono[..]
    it takes 3 concerts in an Arena to have the same paying visitors than in a stadium...)

In theory that might mean better nights....think about it.....let's say for every 50 shows U2 puts on, 1 is truly spectacular. If they do an arena tour instead of a stadium one, they have to spend more nights indoors, which means more shows which means (in theory :-) ) more great shows per tour.
  7. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

In theory that might mean better nights....think about it.....let's say for every 50 shows U2 puts on, 1 is truly spectacular. If they do an arena tour instead of a stadium one, they have to spend more nights indoors, which means more shows which means (in theory :-) ) more great shows per tour.

never thought about that But you must agree that the Stadium shows are much more spectacular. Think of the Milan dvd, or Twickenham Stadium, Croke Park...And if they do a arena-tour, we would miss the incredible Stadium-gigs!
  8. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy[..]

never thought about that But you must agree that the Stadium shows are much more spectacular. Think of the Milan dvd, or Twickenham Stadium, Croke Park...And if they do a arena-tour, we would miss the incredible Stadium-gigs!

Stadiums, so much better.
    The U2 soung just fits it.
  9. Originally posted by AAV711[..]

Yes in theory but if they have to play 3 times more than they now do, the band will be bored and ~ inspireless ~(don't know if that's correct English ) more quickly... So when they're at the half of a tour, the energy and the enthusiasm is already gone...
  10. Hello, I think that the stadiums concerts are better, the atmosphere, the croud.. just amazing

But I would like to see them in an arena (more intimate)
  11. Originally posted by anuare82Hello, I think that the stadiums concerts are better, the atmosphere, the croud.. just amazing

But I would like to see them in an arena (more intimate)

In an arena the should do a unplugged concert or something. That would sound great!
  12. What I'd like to see is an extended promo tour, where they actually go out and do 15-20 club gigs. It would be awesome if they could mix up the setlists, and it would also be good practice for the proper tour theyd put on later. Irving Plaza is solid proof that this would be great!