1. U2 next Tour will be around May, June 2023
  2. I'm sure they will tour again, especially given that many big ticket bands are touring this summer. There's huge demand for big acts like U2 so maybe they will just try a more stripped-back production with smaller tour legs like the Stones have been doing since 2012. That way. they wouldn't be committing huge resources to a multi-year tour if Cov19 blew up again.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Rude? I don’t think I’am being rude. I’ll give you a better example of rude. Imagine you worked in a highly skilled profession for years and were great at and loved what you did. As you get older you don’t need the money anymore but simply doing it because it’s what you enjoy. Then one day someone walks by and tells you you’re no good at what you do anymore and they don’t like it you should stop doing it . Sound familiar? Think that’s a better example of rude personally.
    you're totally right, but what i wanted to mean is that from my point of view and from my likings i didn't like the most recent U2 works, so as they are old now i think that they could never come out with a good project as they did 30/20 years ago and that is totally ok
  4. Originally posted by thalloween:[..]
    you're totally right, but what i wanted to mean is that from my point of view and from my likings i didn't like the most recent U2 works, so as they are old now i think that they could never come out with a good project as they did 30/20 years ago and that is totally ok
    I don’t really understand someone being a fan of a band but not wanting or looking forward to new material. Not enjoying it once it is released is a different matter, even the biggest fan shouldn’t feel obliged to like all the bands songs but at least giving new material a chance is such a big part of being a fan for me. I guess it’s different for others like yourself and that’s absolutely fine certainly no criticism if new material doesn’t interest you but I do think it’s a step too far to encourage someone to quit doing what they love just because you don’t like it. I understand your explanation though, that seems a lot more reasonable.
  5. There are plenty of artists who's later work is arguably better than what they release in the "middle" of their career. I think of Bob Dylan, J. Cash, Leonard Cohen, Bowie to name a few.
    I for one am always curious regarding new material from U2 and in concert I'd like to hear as many new songs as possible, even if it is not on par with their greatest efforts.
    Bob Dylan is doing 9 songs from his latest album and no hits on his current tour. I like that!
  6. Even though Wanderer says next June at the earliest I still reckon we'll be waiting for a 2024 tour. Maybe a late 2023 album release?

The real question is: what will happen first, a u2 tour or Heartland being released?
  7. Originally posted by SJKamal:Even though Wanderer says next June at the earliest I still reckon we'll be waiting for a 2024 tour. Maybe a late 2023 album release?

The real question is: what will happen first, a u2 tour or Heartland being released?
    Yeah I think the same,I have thought maybe that was it after the pandemic began but just maybe we'll see them in the not so distant future.
    As for Heartland,I guess that'll be confined to the same vault as Songs of Ascent.
  8. Heartland is the film of the JT2017 tour?
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:Even though Wanderer says next June at the earliest I still reckon we'll be waiting for a 2024 tour. Maybe a late 2023 album release?

Next month it's gonna be literally a lustrum since JT30
  10. Yeah I've also bought plane tickets to all major European cities. The sooner the better, right??