1. Originally posted by marik:i probly missed it somewhere, but what is the story/source of how this guy is sharing all these lil clips?

(thx by the way)
    The audiobook
  2. Do we know if the reworked tracks in the audiobook are excerpts from the versions that are on the album and also the same mixes?
    I doubt that they will release an album with almost no Larry and Adam on it.
  3. Originally posted by Papo:Do we know if the reworked tracks in the audiobook are excerpts from the versions that are on the album and also the same mixes?
    The brief clip we have of with or without you from the audiobook sounds like it’s from the same mix as the longer clip on iTunes just now. Pride sounds like it’s from the same mix. It would be a lot more surprising at this point if the versions in the audiobook are different versions or mixes.
  4. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    The brief clip we have of with or without you from the audiobook sounds like it’s from the same mix as the longer clip on iTunes just now. Pride sounds like it’s from the same mix. It would be a lot more surprising at this point if the versions in the audiobook are different versions or mixes.
    Agree. There's a very consistent production quality and mix between the released version of Pride and the audioboook clips. Edge loves to tinker though so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some slight variation in the final release.
  5. Originally posted by Papo:Do we know if the reworked tracks in the audiobook are excerpts from the versions that are on the album and also the same mixes?
    The audio engineer who put together the audiobook spoke about having the master tracks and doing his own mixes for the book.

The audiobook was put together after the final masters of the album were done, so they certainly had the final mixes I’m sure…

From an interview U2.com did with the audio engineer:

“The lyrics are a crucial part of the story he's telling. Sometimes he would just sing; sometimes it made sense to do a new bespoke mix with just an acoustic guitar or a piano and Bono's voice, and bring it up under his narration.

Bono being Bono, the lyrics are sometimes from the second verse or third verse, (not the first), or part of a chorus, so there's no way to use a continuous piece of music from the beginning of the song. Luckily, I was trusted to remix and reinvent these moments - I'd bring in his vocal, edit it, bring in that verse, and if, perhaps it didn't make sense to cut it right there, Bono gave me license to create the perfect ending or transition.”
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    The audio engineer who put together the audiobook spoke about having the master tracks and doing his own mixes for the book.

The audiobook was put together after the final masters of the album were done, so they certainly had the final mixes I’m sure…

From an interview U2.com did with the audio engineer:

“The lyrics are a crucial part of the story he's telling. Sometimes he would just sing; sometimes it made sense to do a new bespoke mix with just an acoustic guitar or a piano and Bono's voice, and bring it up under his narration.

Bono being Bono, the lyrics are sometimes from the second verse or third verse, (not the first), or part of a chorus, so there's no way to use a continuous piece of music from the beginning of the song. Luckily, I was trusted to remix and reinvent these moments - I'd bring in his vocal, edit it, bring in that verse, and if, perhaps it didn't make sense to cut it right there, Bono gave me license to create the perfect ending or transition.”
    Maybe the snippets people base their rejection of the album on, aren’t near what we gonna hear in march. So fingers crossed
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

First thing that comes to mind is California,
    But if I sit and think about it, it’s gotta be those few select songs on NLOTH that truly sound like nothing else this band has done. I’m talking:

Winter
    White as Snow
    Fez - Being Born
    Cedars of Lebanon
    Moment of Surrender
    Soon

I'm with you on California, but on my SOI mix, I edited out the Bah Bah Barbara intro.
    For SOI I had to add Invisible, Ordinary Love, Crystal Ballroom, Lucifer's Hands, EBW acoustic, and remove Iris, Sleep Like A Boring Baby, The Troubles...and the studio version of EBW...as it just sounded like them giving in to Teddy Bear Tedder.
    Iris, Sleep Like A Boring Baby, The Troubles should have been the tracks we could have as decent wannabe album tracks...
    Back to No Line: even though it was not the experimental album I was hoping for, it had strong points...but
    Soon, Breathe, No Line, Stand Up Comedy, especially Magnificent Being Born hold the Fez intro for Pizza's sake, Winter(with the operatic Star Trek theme sounding bit at the end edited down), and yes Boots to a point were the strong points. Even I'll Go Crazy, as long as the awful remix making it a bad Pop outtake is erased from memory.

It will be interesting if I even want to edit Songs Of Shi..Surrender at all. Maybe I can make a cohesive 15 track version of it. So far, I am afraid!!! I had to edit this 3 times, what an awful post...maybe my worst ever. I had Invisible on No Line, and totally was out of focus lol.
  8. I will follow sounds a lot worse than what we've heard from the 40 SOS so far. I think if it continues like this it will be a punch in the stomach for all U2 fans who were hoping that the whole thing would get better with SOS 40 Songs.