1. Originally posted by mezzamorphis:[..]
    Agree. When they would put op the 4lp coloured i would think about it. I'm not gonna collect albums with only 20 of the 40 songs on it
    Only the clear vinyl has 20 songs. All of the other colours only have 16.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m literally nervous every time I click on one of these clips but MD and OOC sound decent. Better than most of the other clips. Still can’t wait for this phase to be done.

Those are my two favorites so far, too (as well as 11 O' Clock and SYCMIOYO). The bridge of MD is my favorite part of the original song and the harmonies they've added to this version are wonderful. And this OOC arrangement sounded lovely on the Surrender book tour.

I actually am more often than not enjoying the new takes, as I have been since listening to the audiobook in November. Especially, I now realize more than ever that Bono always used to sing way too high.
  3. Besides me . . . . . . is there anyone else who is waiting until the March release date to hear the Songs Of Surrender songs [except for the ones that U2 officially release in advance] . . . . . rather than listening to samples and snippets?

4. It doesn't matter what songs they re-work at all. These are old men thinking they are doing something profound, but re-working songs has been a lifeless over-repeated trend for older artists with writer's block. U2 no longer set trends, they follow them...a covers album, and a symphony album can't be too far away. I sure hope not...Sometimes when an artist has writer's block, they think doing a covers album or "re-inventing" their own material will spark creativity. But going 40 songs deep is overkill, and is sad proof they don't really have confidence in the new material. I doubt I'll find much redeeming value in the final product, but I remain hoping for the best.
  5. Someone should remind him of everytime he said “f*** the past, kiss the future”
  6. Originally posted by dagobah:Besides me . . . . . . is there anyone else who is waiting until the March release date to hear the Songs Of Surrender songs [except for the ones that U2 officially release in advance] . . . . . rather than listening to samples and snippets?
    Yup. My little mind will remain as open & uncluttered as possible 'til March 17th !
  7. Originally posted by dagobah:Besides me . . . . . . is there anyone else who is waiting until the March release date to hear the Songs Of Surrender songs [except for the ones that U2 officially release in advance] . . . . . rather than listening to samples and snippets?
    Yes. I've not listened to any of the snippets/samples
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]

It doesn't matter what songs they re-work at all. These are old men thinking they are doing something profound, but re-working songs has been a lifeless over-repeated trend for older artists with writer's block. U2 no longer set trends, they follow them...a covers album, and a symphony album can't be too far away. I sure hope not...Sometimes when an artist has writer's block, they think doing a covers album or "re-inventing" their own material will spark creativity. But going 40 songs deep is overkill, and is sad proof they don't really have confidence in the new material. I doubt I'll find much redeeming value in the final product, but I remain hoping for the best.
    Bob Dylan did cover albums several times in his career and not too long after that he released some albums that are considered by many as highlights of his career.

I am looking forward to SOS. Maybe the band has rediscovered some songs for future live shows as well?
  9. Originally posted by dagobah:Besides me . . . . . . is there anyone else who is waiting until the March release date to hear the Songs Of Surrender songs [except for the ones that U2 officially release in advance] . . . . . rather than listening to samples and snippets?
    Yes. So far I have heard Pride2.0 , BD trailer and ColbertWowy ( I assume SOS version is pretty similar).
    0 tiktoks - official or not -or anything else. Im going in spoiler free !
  10. I was afraid that the SOS 40 Songs thing would get even worse. That's what happened with get out of your own way. It's no longer surprising that the acoustic stuff on SOS really sucks. I think SOS wouldn't be called Songs of Surrender if it came from shipping. SOS, save our ship or souls.