1. Maybe the album of new U2 material will be hidden somewhere on Songs of Surrender
  2. Huh, this "reimagined" song sounds suspiciously similar to the already-released acoustic version and the radio version of this song.

I really like the album version of this track and it kills me that this boring piano version is the interpretation they've clung to.
  3. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Huh, this "reimagined" song sounds suspiciously similar to the already-released acoustic version and the radio version of this song.

I really like the album version of this track and it kills me that this boring piano version is the interpretation they've clung to.
    Agree.
  4. Originally posted by Faceman2000:Huh, this "reimagined" song sounds suspiciously similar to the already-released acoustic version and the radio version of this song.

I've always preferred the album version to the piano version.. we'll see how it sounds on the album, hopefully there's a good build up in the latter part of the song. Bono's voice is still sounding good
  5. I’m the weirdo who still thinks that the early version they played on the 360 tour is the best one.

But yeah, this sounds a lot like another version previously released.
  6. It’s just tuned down like they did in the Europe leg. BORING, NEXT
  7. Everyone's a critic.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I’m the weirdo who still thinks that the early version they played on the 360 tour is the best one.

But yeah, this sounds a lot like another version previously released.
    I respect that version, but to my ears after the first verse when Bono sings hey now and I hear that chord change, I cringe. I like the chord progressions they ultimately went with. But it still fascinates me to see how they change and develop a song
  9. I really don’t feel like Every Breaking Wave should have been on this album. Just because the SOI version and the radio mix are both pretty perfect in my eyes. Not sure what else you could do with it! Unless it was a finished version of the 360 version.
  10. Still my favorite version of Every Breaking Wave:

11. Just finished the Surrender book. 40 sounded nice!