1. Originally posted by germcevoy:I reckon this album only exists because Bono has lived with crippling anxiety and embarrassment from the day somebody told him MLK was actually shot in the PM rather than AM.

HAHAHAHA
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:I reckon this album only exists because Bono has lived with crippling anxiety and embarrassment from the day somebody told him MLK was actually shot in the PM rather than AM.
    Lol

3. Good choices, I'm assuming whatever they are will be well -known, or "hits.." So many to choose from
  4. I already did. All things too expensive. U2 remain silent that they sell their own stuff far too expensively than the rest of the world.
  5. I am the first one to denounce cross posting, but in the WOWY thread, I placed my latest and greatest revision of the seemingly same post I keep writing...so my apologies...and I still get a huge laugh out of anyone calling this a "cash grab." Ha ha ha.
    My reactions to Pride and WOWY are both ho hum. They are not terrible, perhaps even better than I expected. But they still shouldn't exist. Casual fans will not eat this up. Die hards like us would've wanted live material over this tenfold. Considering all the time has passed without new material...hell, in the roughly 18 years and 2 months since Bomb was released, we have 3 full albums and a smattering of tracks. But their urgency was this mess? Oh well, 2 tracks down, 38 to go. Maybe something will change my mind, but you would think the strongest tracks would be the ones they leak first..if this is the case, I'm really going to be unimpressed. And yes, the ending of WOWY is as bad as we have said.
  6. My expectations for this album aren’t high and that’s entirely based on two similar albums from bands I adore.

Blondie provided my notable first experiences in music - first LP I bought (Parallel Lines in 1979), the first band I seriously got into, and the first gig I went to. They were then what U2 is to me now. In 2014 they released Blondie 4(0) Ever, a similar concept of re-recorded songs but there wasn’t anything dramatically different. So it was a case of “that’s interesting but it’s not an album I feel the need to revisit”.

Placebo are another who rank highly in my collection but I felt the same reaction when they released their MTV Unplugged album in the following year. The songs on that album are quite different from the originals but again it’s not one that I tend to revisit.

Who knows, maybe U2 will surprise me and break this trend but, from what I’ve heard so far, I think this will also be filed under “interesting, but not memorable “. That’s not to say any of them are terrible and deserve harsh criticism; I can appreciate what the artists were aiming for but it’s a mammoth (impossible?) task to rewrite better versions of original hits.

7. Probably record company greed. They know nobody will buy this thing, so gouge the die hard fans as much as they can. And make some countries pay more for whatever reason. The 4 cds add up to less than 160 min of music, and would fit on 2 cds. If the concept of band members choosing songs was so profound and genre-altering(It's not, it's a contrived concept that does not mean shit to anybody), you could have Bono and Edge on one disc, and Adam & Larry on the other, or mix and match any way you want. If this thing moves over 100,000 worldwide I'd walk to Nebraska naked. Now of course, the entire U2 start community is hoping this thing sells 99,999 or less. Especially the fine folks between Florida and Nebraska. As I said before, they may as well make it 40 discs with one song each. Collectors and fanatics buy anything. So fans are Stuck In An Album They Can't Get Out Of. As usual, I'm not that funny
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:I am the first one to denounce cross posting, but in the WOWY thread, I placed my latest and greatest revision of the seemingly same post I keep writing...so my apologies...and I still get a huge laugh out of anyone calling this a "cash grab." Ha ha ha.
    My reactions to Pride and WOWY are both ho hum. They are not terrible, perhaps even better than I expected. But they still shouldn't exist. Casual fans will not eat this up. Die hards like us would've wanted live material over this tenfold. Considering all the time has passed without new material...hell, in the roughly 18 years and 2 months since Bomb was released, we have 3 full albums and a smattering of tracks. But their urgency was this mess? Oh well, 2 tracks down, 38 to go. Maybe something will change my mind, but you would think the strongest tracks would be the ones they leak first..if this is the case, I'm really going to be unimpressed. And yes, the ending of WOWY is as bad as we have said.
    I don't know what cross posting is . . . . . but it sounds kind of kinky. I'm in!