1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

[..]

Oh!

I lost my gen 1 normie airpods to a bus incident just last week (dropped a single airpod on the ground, bounced onto the road, and in an extremely movie-like fashion - a bus roared by a SECOND later and totally flattened it) -

So, I gotta ask - are the "Pro" versions that much better? I know they have a physical difference (with the extended ear-hole thingy) - but is there a huge difference otherwise?

Thanks
    If you can live with the in ear style then yes, these are a truly massive upgrade. I had a set of gen 2 normies and these pros are transformative for me. Sound cancellation if you need it, transparency if you don't. Very comfortable, great battery life. I can't complain.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

[..]

Oh!

I lost my gen 1 normie airpods to a bus incident just last week (dropped a single airpod on the ground, bounced onto the road, and in an extremely movie-like fashion - a bus roared by a SECOND later and totally flattened it) -

So, I gotta ask - are the "Pro" versions that much better? I know they have a physical difference (with the extended ear-hole thingy) - but is there a huge difference otherwise?

Thanks
    Last year I upgraded from my first gen AirPods (released in 2016) to the Airpods Pro 2nd gen. It was definitely a wise investment. If you're following the same path I would definitely recommend.

The noise canceling and transparency mode are good. Spatial audio via Apple Music is nice. They fit comfortably and you get different sized rubber tips so you can adjust to your own ears as necessary. The Airpod case also uses wireless and Magsafe charging which was a big draw for me as I only tend to do Magsafe charging nowadays.

I still have my first gen airpods but only use them for the gym. The 2nd gen Pros are too nice to ruin with my sweat lol.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Last year I upgraded from my first gen AirPods (released in 2016) to the Airpods Pro 2nd gen. It was definitely a wise investment. If you're following the same path I would definitely recommend.

The noise canceling and transparency mode are good. Spatial audio via Apple Music is nice. They fit comfortably and you get different sized rubber tips so you can adjust to your own ears as necessary. The Airpod case also uses wireless and Magsafe charging which was a big draw for me as I only tend to do Magsafe charging nowadays.

I still have my first gen airpods but only use them for the gym. The 2nd gen Pros are too nice to ruin with my sweat lol.
    Wrong forum!
  4. Bono low register on ISHFWILF and SOS is superb!
  5. I haven’t used earbuds since I switched to flat response studio headphones. Life changing.
  6. Great album... they have to do something with this talent!

7. Just did that, great! Much more positive now.

Roughly 10/40 I really love and am thankful for. The rest is probably a one-off listen.
  8. About to watch this!

9. SOS has his good and bad, his high and low BUT the album as a whole has definitive no flow!!!
  10. Get Out of Your Way sounds like a drunk guy on St. Patrick's Day singing outside of Union Station in Toronto. So far; not impressed.

I like the one way to look at this release as not a 'new' U2 album.
    Throwaway, one take, off key singing from Bono.