1. Listen with headphones
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Do you work for the NME sounds like the sort of thing they'd write, what's the point in going into the studio and doing similar versions of the originals that's just completely lazy and pointless, at least they are giving the songs a new twist it might not always work but it's interesting to hear them even if they aren't as good as the original songs.
    NME is full of shit.
  3. Originally posted by Monopoly:The bands argument is that it is supposed to be a fun project, but with the amount of promotion and colored vinyls they’re releasing, it doesn’t feel like “just a fun project”, it comes across as a serious release. Had they just released it on iTunes with the book, I wouldn’t be so hard on this. But they really think these versions are great and are already planning to replace original versions live with these.
    You are never tired of U2 bashing !!
    I admire your perseverance.
  4. Originally posted by Monopoly:The bands argument is that it is supposed to be a fun project, but with the amount of promotion and colored vinyls they’re releasing, it doesn’t feel like “just a fun project”, it comes across as a serious release. Had they just released it on iTunes with the book, I wouldn’t be so hard on this. But they really think these versions are great and are already planning to replace original versions live with these.

I think this is a good take.
  5. Halfway through the 3rd 'disk' now. SYCMIOYO and IGWSHA my favourites so far.
  6. we should meet up in Vegas. I’d love to meet the worlds biggest u2 fan in person.
  7. So U2 sounds similar in 40 Songs of Surrender as in Germans means Liedermacher. The voice, the music, all. They definitely don't sound like U2.

8. Oh!

I lost my gen 1 normie airpods to a bus incident just last week (dropped a single airpod on the ground, bounced onto the road, and in an extremely movie-like fashion - a bus roared by a SECOND later and totally flattened it) -

So, I gotta ask - are the "Pro" versions that much better? I know they have a physical difference (with the extended ear-hole thingy) - but is there a huge difference otherwise?

Thanks
  9. They have written some truly incredible songs throughout their career.