1. I personally think this is a good album. It's definitely a lot better than I first expected. . But for me personally, the standouts after listening to the album in full once. Yes I know there's a lot of songs here.

One
    Stories For Boys
    Out Of Control
    Bad
    Every Breaking Wave
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    Invisible
    City Of Blinding Lights
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    Electrical Storm
    Until The End Of The World
    All I Want Is You
    Stay
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Lights Of Home

Red Hill Mining Town, Ordinary Love, If God Will Send His Angels, Two Hearts Beat As One and Cedarwood Road are growers. Though for Cedarwood Road, not that it's exactly dissimilar but I think I prefer the acoustic version on Songs Of Innocence. But Desire and Get Out Of Your Own Way are awful.
  2. The Edge's acoustic guitar is always the same or the same throughout the songs. No variety, no tempo, nothing new, but the sound sounds very dated instead of the new sound of the 2023 century. Bono's voice in almost all songs is more of a scream than a sing. The microphones for recording Bono's voice also sound rather dull and make the voice even deeper in the lower passages. I can't say I like a single song in SOS 40 songs. A pity.
  3. They gave the Joshua Tree 3 stars in 1987 and ever since every album has had 5 stars, even Pop and No Line
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy:Watching them perform Bad on Disney here. How bizarre is it that in future shows we’ll have to hope for Bad in the setlist then hope it’s the normal version rather than Surrender version (or vice versa).

As long as it was the proper version I don't think I'd mind it in E - so much easier for him (and the rest of us) to sing
  5. I’m honestly 5 songs in and I’m struggling.
  6. Disc 1 is the worst, it's hard to get through. It gets a bit better further down the list, keep it up
  7. I've just got to Stuck and it's my favourite so far - the best ones have been actual recordings of the originals with an acoustic vibe, no fannying with the lyrics or bonkers drums (GOOYOW)
  8. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:I've just got to Stuck and it's my favourite so far - the best ones have been actual recordings of the originals with an acoustic vibe, no fannying with the lyrics or bonkers drums (GOOYOW)
    RHMT not bad either
  9. RS is the bible of music critics publication and you call them having zero cred !! Wt... ?!
    They give U2 five stars only because compared to U2, 99% other music artists emerging in the last 25 years are pathetic. So, in comparison to others' albums, U2's everything is 5 stars to RS.