1. This was the real key song (just listen to all the demo’s from the leaked sessions) for AB instead of One
  2. Originally posted by Pipo:This was the real key song (just listen to all the demo’s from the leaked sessions) for AB instead of One
    The Take You Down demo even has elements of The Fly in it (especially the solo)
  3. Can't decide between Spanish Eyes and Lady With A Spinning Head.
  4. Originally posted by Pipo:This was the real key song (just listen to all the demo’s from the leaked sessions) for AB instead of One
    It actually wasn't a "song" yet I suppose. During recording it spun off in 2 directions, UV (LMW) and The Fly. Apparently they still liked the original backing track after that and made that into B-side Lady with..

I mixed parts of these 3 later songs on that original UV1 demo (Take You Down), in the places where these parts exactly fit. I also mixed a 4th part in from a Zooropa track, but that one is a bit more of a stretch

Will post the remix in a couple of days if anyone's interested..
  5. Willie Williams once quoted that there was a song they were playing in Tenerife to him called 'Turn My World Upside Down' which he says was an early version of the Lady With The Spinning Head remix version.
  6. Originally posted by EridescoFly:Willie Williams once quoted that there was a song they were playing in Tenerife to him called 'Turn My World Upside Down' which he says was an early version of the Lady With The Spinning Head remix version.
    Was this that Willie Williams article that (sort of) covered his involvement in creating ZooTV from Tenerife onwards?

The earliest I think the song has been mentioned is in this Propaganda article where Bono talked about recording just before they went to Berlin. He mentions "Ultraviolet" and "Sick Puppy". The funny this that Lady With The Spinning Head has this addition (UV1), so that might be a hint.

My guess is that the "Take You Down" demo was the working version of "Ultraviolet" which was recorded before Berlin (sounds different than most of the jams on that bootleg). I personally think anything that sounds more finished on that bootleg (Real Thing, Heaven & Hell, Wild Horses) was never recorded in Berlin, but (way) before.

The backing track from that "Real Thing" version was apparently recorded during the "Desire" sessions. And there's this Lovetown Auckland rehearsal where a track with a lot of Ultraviolet feel was played (once tried to clean that from win noise, will check if I can find it)
  7. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Was this that Willie Williams article that (sort of) covered his involvement in creating ZooTV from Tenerife onwards?

The earliest I think the song has been mentioned is in this Propaganda article where Bono talked about recording just before they went to Berlin. He mentions "Ultraviolet" and "Sick Puppy". The funny this that Lady With The Spinning Head has this addition (UV1), so that might be a hint.

My guess is that the "Take You Down" demo was the working version of "Ultraviolet" which was recorded before Berlin (sounds different than most of the jams on that bootleg). I personally think anything that sounds more finished on that bootleg (Real Thing, Heaven & Hell, Wild Horses) was never recorded in Berlin, but (way) before.

The backing track from that "Real Thing" version was apparently recorded during the "Desire" sessions. And there's this Lovetown Auckland rehearsal where a track with a lot of Ultraviolet feel was played (once tried to clean that from win noise, will check if I can find it)
    @EridescoFly

Dug up that Lovetown soundcheck Jam I mentioned just in case you're interested. There's 3 other jams from different LT soundchecks that also bear resemblance to AB stuff, but this has the nicest melody (and guitar parts that resemble that "jangly" UV guitar)

8. Melon, I just realized that UV1 reference now!
  9. summer rain
  10. It's just some joke and reference to milk. Korova is "cow" in russian
  11. Its a tie between Sweetest thing (love the 98 version) and Lady with the spinning Head ( should have gotten a release over Blow your house down in the AB remaster)