1. Originally posted by Remy:A topic to discuss U2's expected and still unnamed album in 2023 with new songs.

Some band quotes indicating this new album:

"We will have some songs released before the end of this year and then we will regroup to finish work on our new album." - Adam, 2022

"We are preparing new songs, for an album that should be released in 2023. And if the circumstances allow, we will do a world tour then." - Adam, 2021

"We have new songs and we're hoping to release an album in a couple of years, but we can't talk much about it yet. I will just say that some of the tracks fill us with pride." - Adam, 2021

"I'm working on a lot of new songs at the moment. We have a bunch that are.. we haven't figured out what to do with them yet. For me the lockdown has been quite a creative period for me." - The Edge, 2021

"I’m always working on new songs. I’ve not stopped since we came off the road, so yes. The question, I suppose, is whether we have a plan to finish or release it. Not so far. But there’s a lot of exciting music being created." - The Edge, 2020

What do you expect? If this is an Edge in lockdown album I'm quite excited..

shame this never happened

typical U2

new songs? nah old ones

world tour? nah residency in one
  2. I imagine when band members are asked about new album news,they are quite often being honest and have the intentions within them to be getting music out soon but its a long process,plus we've had a global pandemic,plus the band are aging and the days of hit records are gone.
    Maybe we should just be grateful that its 2023 and our favourite band are still expected to release new music?
  3. Hey everyone!

I log in here very rarely, but I have been reading the forum for many years. The above post inspired me to share some reflection with you. It concerns what we may all know, but there is something terrifying about it.

In a few months it will be exactly 19 years during which U2 released only 3 studio albums. It's a staggering statistic. I've been a fan of this band for 13 years and I've only been able to enjoy the new album twice. So we can enjoy further statements from The Edge and others, about the tone of new music. But the fact is that our boys have released extremely little new music in the last 20 years or so.
  4. Originally posted by luc92:Hey everyone!

I log in here very rarely, but I have been reading the forum for many years. The above post inspired me to share some reflection with you. It concerns what we may all know, but there is something terrifying about it.

In a few months it will be exactly 19 years during which U2 released only 3 studio albums. It's a staggering statistic. I've been a fan of this band for 13 years and I've only been able to enjoy the new album twice. So we can enjoy further statements from The Edge and others, about the tone of new music. But the fact is that our boys have released extremely little new music in the last 20 years or so.
    But in the meantime we get ATYCLB anniversary with no new music, AB anniversary with no new music and now Zooropa with no new music, so why should we complain 😜
  5. In 4 years we'll get a Pop anniversary with nothing new...oh wait, in U2's minds Pop doesn't exist...
  6. 2000 atyclb, 2004 bomb, 2009 no line, 2014 soi, 2017 soe, 2023 SOS. JT tour 2017/19 in addition to regular albim tours. Spiderman musical.

Pandemic.and Larry's back plus Sphere dates stopped post SOE albums.
  7. If we exclude SOS on the basis that it was pre-existing material, we exceeded the greatest interval between new studio albums (2020 days between NLOTH and SOI) back on 13 June. That's a long drought that doesn't look like ending any time soon.
  8. Originally posted by luc92:Hey everyone!

Could be worse look at GnR they have had 1 album release in 30 years ,The Cure's last album was 15 years ago ,Aerosmith 19 years ago , The Rolling Stones 18 years and so on, I get your point but compared to most established bands they've been quite consistent in putting out new material and the Record companies are probably pushing these bands to re release old material as new music doesn't sell as well as it used to and touring is much more financially viable.
  9. Originally posted by kezman:I imagine when band members are asked about new album news,they are quite often being honest and have the intentions within them to be getting music out soon but its a long process,plus we've had a global pandemic,plus the band are aging and the days of hit records are gone.
    Maybe we should just be grateful that its 2023 and our favourite band are still expected to release new music?
    This! I don’t know about y’all, but no band I loved thirty years ago is still recording new music I enjoy—except U2. In fact, I could say the same thing about bands I loved ten years ago! U2’s longevity is special and we are lucky.