1. Yeah unless its going to be an 8 out of 10 album or above i'm in no rush to have it
  2. I'm with you here. I'm glad they're not rushing it too much either. Besides, I'd much rather them wait until they fully know what's happening with Larry first before recording and/or putting something out.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha wow, that's truly underwhelming. And to think that some (many) thought and believed that the band had been working on a new album that was "almost ready to be pressed"...

They finished JT19 in Mumbai in December 19, barely two months later the pandemic came; instead of spurring themselves creatively like many other bands, they started scratching their bellies; Bono got caught up in his book, they started to toy with the idea of the SOS album to go with the book, and in that whole process the album of new songs has been relegated to the background... Now the Vegas thingy is coming and until that happens and Larry comes back (if he comes back) they won't get into the new album in full swing.

And we know how the U2 writing & recording process goes, and it's been steadily slowing down since the 90s: they take longer to write, longer to record and longer to produce. So, if the Vegas thing gets wrapped before the end of 2023, they could be starting the process in early 2024. Knowing them, do we REALLY believe they'll write, record and produce the album in less than a year? I know my answer to that question.

I hear what you're saying and obviously as a fan of the band wish we would have had a new album again already.

Then again, we had an incredible run between 2015-2019 where they released two albums and were on tour for 5 out of 6 years. The way I'm looking at it now is that they more than deserved some time off, with families and at home like all us during the pandemic, whether or not that involved making music.

Now by 2022/2023 we got a book by Bono and unique accompanying tour, a 40-song collection of reworked material, an upcoming Vegas show, and still talk about a new album on the horizon. Plenty to tide ourselves over with, I think. Plus, the way I read that quote by Adam was that they already have a fair amount of material generated, they just need to figure out what to do with it once they are past the Sphere dates.
  4. All of this is the very reason I’ve been saying they should put of Ascent if it really exists and is ready. Delaying it for an unwritten album only puts it and a tour years out which is just ridiculous. Maybe they’re also doing Vegas because they know they won’t be able to fulfill a tour for a long time.
  5. Originally posted by enoone:Considering their last four albums, it's okay not to hear their new work. They're at their best when they are agitated or divorced and Eno is guiding them creatively. They're wealthy and happy and self producing. I can be spared Bono's Hallmark card lyrics and Edge's production.

Agree about Edge's production, especially if it continues in the SoS vein. But it's the same man who produced Zooropa, so you never know Bono has found some actual singing back to my ears, so if Larry's fit to play it could be interesting. If not, they could do a dance oriented EP with Larry programming the beats
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]

Agree about Edge's production, especially if it continues in the SoS vein. But it's the same man who produced Zooropa, so you never know Bono has found some actual singing back to my ears, so if Larry's fit to play it could be interesting. If not, they could do a dance oriented EP with Larry programming the beats
    Dance? It's going from bad to worse 😢
  7. Is it a dance album or a dense album?
  8. This convo is pointless.
  9. ‘Songs for Fighting’, according to Adam….