U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Originally posted by marik:anyone know what prices look like for other huge name residencies in Vegas?
    sure, the Sphere will be asking for more, but overall, i havent heard anything "too" crazy in vegas (like the Bruce revolt)
    When I was looking at sting, I think it started at like 80 without fees for the worst seats. The next section in front jumped to 200. should also consider about 15,000 people less than what the sphere will hold but Sting has been doing Vegas for years. I imagine IF fans have a chance at Vegas, it could be 100 for the worst seat after fees.
  2. Originally posted by marik:anyone know what prices look like for other huge name residencies in Vegas?
    sure, the Sphere will be asking for more, but overall, i havent heard anything "too" crazy in vegas (like the Bruce revolt)
    Sting tickets aren't outrageous if you ask me, and considering the US salaries and crazy prices for almost everything. $56 for the cheapest, higher sections, then $80 for the second ring (which has the best quality/price ratio if you ask me), then $130 for rear seats in the floor and $400 for the closer floor seats.

3. I think because there will be so many shows, maybe prices will be OK. Still expensive though
  4. According to U2 songs, the new band management company is also responsible for booking this new venue. They own 50% of MSG entertainment who is responsible for the new venue. Makes sense now why it’s all happening. This also likely means U2 has been in manager transition before the Vegas rumors began.
  5. If LV is going to be a residency I wanted worry about prices. They could play three shows a week for four months and that means low prices. A residency is actually good for fan pricing.

The only reason the Surrender tour are going for so high on the secondary market is because of limited demand.
  6. Originally posted by miryclay:If LV is going to be a residency I wanted worry about prices. They could play three shows a week for four months and that means low prices. A residency is actually good for fan pricing.

The only reason the Surrender tour are going for so high on the secondary market is because of limited demand.
    +1
  7. IMO the venue is going to sell more tickets than the band. I was in Vegas a year ago and the Hype was already high about this Sphere. There were posters advertising it’s eventual opening even then! I saw it, they were in the process of putting the walls on. Looks really cool!

U2 + Sphere opening = Big fucking deal = High prices
  8. U2 + Sphere opening = Big fucking deal = High prices

For the first couple of shows only.
  9. I’m gonna hold you to that!!!

I’ll go to one of the later ones maybe!
  10. Originally posted by Monopoly:[..]
    Yup, I know people don’t want to hear it but their retirement is a lot closer than we think.it’s already 5 years since experience. The rate they put out music and perform is rapidly deteriorating. At their age, I can’t imagine more than 2 tours after Vegas if it keeps taking them 7 years to release and tour for 2 years.

2015. 2017. 2018. 2019. Thats pretty good touring for their age.
  11. the only good thing about all this is that we're getting used to not expecting them to go on much longer so the day they call it a day - if they ever do because it's best for them to say they're not 'retired' as that leaves the door forever open - it won't be as hard to handle as it would've been say 10-15 years ago
  12. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:[..]
    Yeah we'll see. Last running was 2 albums and 4 tours in 5 years.

Besides that: i hear Rolling Stones retirement rumours since mid 80's. It's their call, not ours

Since Nov 23, 2004 (The day after Atomic was released), we have 3 albums, a handful of soundtrack songs or other fragments here and there. The end is near. Maybe 3 new albums by 2071 if we are lucky. I no longer have much hope, but will stay on board for whatever is left on this ride. Since my Prince and Michael Jackson train appear to be sputtering with all the unreleased music they refuse to release(especially MJ!), U2 is my favorite act left still making new music. Prince would record 50-100 new songs the last ten years of his life, with 10-20 excellent tracks...U2 is 4 people, and take 5-7 years to come up with a few great songs, and lately, a few mediocre one...but I'm satisfied with who they are. I have complained they are over reliant on producers, and especially wanting younger radio friendly people like Teddy Bear Tedder, etc, when radio is not going to play a new U2 song even if Cairo syrup guy remixes it or the lame Fish Frying In The Water people do. But that's who they are, and I'm still very proud of what they have accomplished. Imagine if I was a Thompson Twins die hard? U2 has been a much better ride. They were the champions, and could still have one great album in them, even though the better part of my brain knows that is not likely.