U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. If anyone missed it, there was a panel on the Sphere residency at SXSW featuring Ric Lipson and Smasher Desmedt. There's a video of it on YouTube that is well worth the watch:

2. ....
  3. ....
  4. Thank you for posting this. I'm a usual Southby attendee but missed this years talk at Ireland house...
  5. Did 16,512 people actually boo? I was spoiler free at the time so may have missed all this.
  6. A lot were because the band was late haha
  7. Yeah a lot of booing. Came through loud and clear over Mixlr. Friends that were there said it got loud and really quickly…not everyone joined in but enough did that it was noticed all over the venue…
  8. What time were people expecting them on? Was there an advertised start time anywhere?
  9. Which date was that? I recall they came out really late (30-40 minutes late) on 9/30 and poor Paulie was trying to keep the crowd spirits up. 2/18 + 3/2 also started late since the soundcheck ran really late.
  10. Pauli had played for about an hour and was still going…he switched into some 70s rock stuff and lost the crowd…it was the second show so 9/30
  11. Yeah that was it. I remember Paulie trying to bandwagon with the crowd and lead a chant for "We Want U2"

I've got it all on recording since we hit record around 8:25 I think...so 45 minutes of the ambient noise.