U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. Originally posted by cmaly:The interview is laughable: "our show is about saving the planet." Hilarious. The Sphere's energy waste and middle aged traveler's carbon footprint did nothing for those endangered birds, Bono. Nice try.
    every time you say something negative about the band someone tames you LMAO
  2. Compared to the other XM captures: quality = the best
  3. It's from one of the scheduled rebroadcasts, but there's also a rip of the on-demand broadcast included in a subfolder.
  4. Did you compare? I've heard that the on-demand was a lower bitrate whereas the scheduled rebroadcasts were better.

Noticed more artifacting on the higher end on your rip compared to the digital capture I received of the initial broadcast. In theory it could be additional artifacts from resample step.
  5. Just comparing the two by ear, the 'live' version is leagues ahead of the on-demand version. Let me grab the spectrograms of the raw files...

6. On-Demand
  7. Yeah the on-demand version is mush.

8. Live rebroadcast
  9. The files are 5hrs long, since they include extra songs/shows... The on-demand one has three-ish hours after the concert, while the rebroadcast has it before.

I can upload the spectrograms just of the shows, if you would like.
  10. Up to you. I'd be curious how it compares to the 3/17/2024 digital capture of the original broadcast if you're up for it.
  11. Originally posted by hoserama:Up to you. I'd be curious how it compares to the 3/17/2024 digital capture of the original broadcast if you're up for it.

On-demand