2022-12-14 - Dublin
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 9
Audio recordings: 0

1. No idea. Save for BD and SBS I enyoed all songs.

2. It wasn't footage from the gig he was talking about - you are correct. It was footage from a different gig they performed in the inner city area of Dublin on a different date.

3. The footage was from this gig performed on a rooftop outdoors near a flats complex I think... (look about 29 mins 13 secs into the timeline..)
    https://ifiarchiveplayer.ie/looking-on/

11 0'Clock Tick Tock

https://ifiarchiveplayer.ie/looking-on-u2-11-o-clock/

An Cat Dubh

https://ifiarchiveplayer.ie/looking-on-u2-cat-dubh/

Intro about U2 from Mick Rafferty

https://ifiarchiveplayer.ie/looking-on-mick-rafferty/
  4. Yeah,that’s the one.I did reference that a few posts earlier.Wasn’t exact like yourself,but just knew it wasn’t a club gig.Think it’s a housing thing,benefit.I referenced the Gateshead gig before watching the documentary.Once I saw the footage I did know I’d seen it before
  5. I really loved this documentary. I enjoyed it WAY than I expected to - honestly the best U2 content I’ve seen in a very long time.

Watching DL watch the Edge play the opening guitar riff of WTSHNN was very touching…DL reacted the same way I would have…just in awe and wanting to hear it again. Just a beautiful fan moment. DL also lived out what would probably be my ultimate fan dream…sitting in a pub in Dublin singing U2 songs with Bono and Edge - I really don’t think there could be a cooler moment as a fan.

I also found it really touching the way Bono and Edge talk about each other and their friendship - it came across much more personal and emotional than I think you typically see either of them in media.

I will definitely come back to this doc.
  6. Originally posted by gmc:[..]
    I’ve just started watching the documentary.That clip wasn’t from a nightclub.U2Partygirl5 on Twitter I’m sure posted this from the RTE archives a while ago.It’s was some sort of street party where they played a couple of songs.I’m sure they played on the roof of some building.It may have been a community social cause of some sort.A benefit gig.The Police didn’t play,Hansard’s comments about U2 opening a show for them is probably true.That was just a visual to play.

Could it have been SFX Centre December 1982?
  7. Originally posted by ap5:I really loved this documentary. I enjoyed it WAY than I expected to - honestly the best U2 content I’ve seen in a very long time.

Watching DL watch the Edge play the opening guitar riff of WTSHNN was very touching…DL reacted the same way I would have…just in awe and wanting to hear it again. Just a beautiful fan moment. DL also lived out what would probably be my ultimate fan dream…sitting in a pub in Dublin singing U2 songs with Bono and Edge - I really don’t think there could be a cooler moment as a fan.

I also found it really touching the way Bono and Edge talk about each other and their friendship - it came across much more personal and emotional than I think you typically see either of them in media.

YES i koved the Streets riff momenr.

Lol at Larry/Adam nicknames in Lypton Village. Can you imagine a band with Bono, the Edge, Jam jar and mrs Briggs ,? I liked the thank you note to "the other two" from the Bedge ...
  8. Originally posted by ap5:I really loved this documentary. I enjoyed it WAY than I expected to - honestly the best U2 content I’ve seen in a very long time.

9. Originally posted by bonoman66:[..]

It wasn't footage from the gig he was talking about - you are correct. It was footage from a different gig they performed in the inner city area of Dublin on a different date.
    I was pretty sure it was the Sheriff Street Community Centre gig on 07-17-82
  10. This was fun. Bad sounded great.
  11. Amazing content, goosebumps all over the place. Great stuff!