1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Woah jumping ahead of yourself the venue isn't even finished been built yet and no official announcements have been made about them playing there .

🙄🙄🙄
  2. Think they made interesting choices, although the ending is a bit strange.

A lovely album to listen to on a long summer night as background music.
  3. So are they just going to take every good song they’ve ever released and absolutely wreck everything good about them or what?

*This* dogshit is what we’ve been waiting five or six years for?

I am, to put it mildly, underwhelmed. They’ve eviscerated the entire soul of the song, just like they did with Pride. If they’re going to play these versions at their residency, it won’t be worth the effort to fly out to Vegas to see them…
  4. I like this one.
  5. I like this one too. Slightly abrupt ending is my only negative.
  6. Great take on a classic
  7. Somehow Bono's voice doesn't fit this song. In the original, the voice sounds high, SOS very, very low. What might be good is the music in the background. You could have taken that as an instrumental version. You have the lyrics or chorus around the part once
    With or without you, oh
    I can't live
    With or without you
    With or without you abridged and omitted. Very falling asleep, tired, sluggish, very calm until you wake up at minute 2:30. Maybe that's the new U2, calm, falling asleep, tired, over and done with.
  8. i liked.

pride seems better, but still sounding good
  9. Originally posted by ayr861:[..]

Yes, I had to go back a couple times.
    I get maybe why that's done - for effect, but it's just jarring. And I heard PERCUSSION in there too. ACTUAL PERCUSSION.

A little snare at the end. Could be Larry (or canned percussion / Edge himself). Can't hear Adam
  10. This one is much better than Pride at putting forward the idea of a 62-year old singer reconnecting with a song they wrote in their twenties - with the hindsight of years passed and added experience. I like it for that reason, love the low-key mood, although I do agree it ends somewhat abruptly.
  11. I am definitely not buying this album immediately, but will wait until it's for sale at a much lower price like SoE. 2 boring songs until now. Not thrilled at all. Hopefully the real next album will be a killer one.
  12. Adam comes in at the ‘through the storm’ verse. Quite clear to me.