U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Legs (1): 2023-2024
Shows: 40
Tickets:
  1. One (I hope).
  2. They could start with Mofo, followed by Atchung Baby played in sequence, then Discothéque, Do you feel loved, Gone, If god will send his angels, Staring at the sun, The Playboy Mansion, Please, Miami, Last Night on earth, If you wear that velvet dress and finish with Heartland. This setlist, makes all sense for the spectacular Sphere Arena. No one noticed the absence of Adam in one show in 93, I´m sure the same will happen on these shows, without Larry.
  3. Hoping to get to one. My wife and I met outside of Hershey Stadium when U2 was rehearsing for the outdoor leg of ZooTV, so the album is pretty special to us. Despite all the hullabaloo about Larry and Vegas, will be going if ticket prices aren’t insane.
  4. I'll wait to see prices, dates, & whether there will be GA (an optional configuration for the venue, with the bottom tier seats removed). There's an option I may start work in the US in late October, which may mean attending more shows.

So it's either zero, one, two, or 3-4 shows. So really, no idea

Zero if it's too pricey, my partner doesn't want to join me, or I can't get the time off if I'm working in Oz.

Maybe one, if it's just a holiday, tickets are expensive & shows are non-consecutive weekends (which seems the case), with no GA.

Two, as above, but with GA, if prices aren't crazy.

Maybe 3-4, if it's consecutive weekends (unlikely) or I'm working in the US. Only if GA is an option. See a couple of shows in GA, & one or two from seats. Price dependent!

Would expect to see shows in late October if I'm headed to work in the US. No idea otherwise, probably not early in the residency, certainly not F1 weekend!

5. Any idea what sort of dates you'll be hoping for? I'm thinking maybe late Oct.
  6. As I live in Shanghai, likely zero.
  7. I would like to attend 1. But I’m going to have to wait until dates and ticket prices come out.

If I were a single guy I’d be going, no questions asked. But since I’m not, I’ve got to try to convince my wife to “let” me go. It shouldn’t be an issue, as I can easily afford it, and getting a few days off work is not an issue. But she doesn’t get It… she thinks it’s ridiculous that I have driven 6 hours to Chicago to see U2 when they don’t come any closer to me.
  8. If I'm going to make the trek from Oz then I'd want to see 2 shows but it firstly depends on getting hold of tickets. Willing to pay more for the first night and save on second ticket. Timing depends on some family events but celebrating my birthday at a show in mid October would be a perfect present.
  9. 0 shows
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:Even if it was with Larry it would be too far and too expensive... and without Larry I don't have to even think about it...
    +1
  11. None.
  12. No. Bunch of sell outs going to Vegas (fucked up place and with all That’s wrong in the world promoting going there by plane? and without Larry… hopefully he’ll recover and they do regular stadium/ arena shows coming near my hometown.