1. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Curious as to why you don't think they should play it in sequence?

I wonder if they do something close to what they did for the JT shows. Something like...

1. Open with 4-5 songs from the 80s...
    2. Then transition into AB front to back. Zoo Station kicking in similar to how Streets did for the JT shows.
    3. Short break after Love Is Blindness, then come out with a long encore comprised of mainly post-2000 stuff, perhaps with "Stay" or something else from Zooropa, and maybe with some of the SOS arrangements (though now that the show is being billed at "Achtung Baby" I really don't think we'll see much of these versions live).
    I’m not sure. I just think it tires rather quickly and is literally as predictable as a setlist can get. Plus Zoo Station should open the show or an encore. They can’t encore a whole album therefore I think its best place is to open. Then does it become too much of a ZooTV replica and a show of two halves?

It’s a tricky one to work out and god knows how the likes of Gavin Fridays and Guggi are influencing the story stalking narrative with all this new tech at their disposal.
  2. The problem with an AB setlist is One arrives too soon. It's choppy. ZOO TV was a perfect order... is flowed nicely.
  3. As much as I love the JT17 setlist I think they will do a more Zoo TV approach. I think it has to open with zoo station. I think the setlist will look similar to Zoo TV to a T. You will see desire open the encore, we will close with love is blindness, RTTS into Streets, that kind of thing
  4. Did they even announce that the whole album will be played?
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I’m not sure. I just think it tires rather quickly and is literally as predictable as a setlist can get. Plus Zoo Station should open the show or an encore. They can’t encore a whole album therefore I think its best place is to open. Then does it become too much of a ZooTV replica and a show of two halves?

It’s a tricky one to work out and god knows how the likes of Gavin Fridays and Guggi are influencing the story stalking narrative with all this new tech at their disposal.

They could do a "Zoo Station" reprise.

Open the night with

Zooropa
    COBL
    Lemon

AB

SOS 6 song suite

6. Something I was wondering as well. With JT they specifically said the album would be played in full. Not mentioned that here.
  7. Post your setlist predictions here!

Ok here's my guess:

intro: Pink Floyd - Money

01 - I Will Follow / Money Changes Everything (Cindy Lauper snippet)
    02 - Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Money Machine (James Taylor snippet)
    03 - Pride (In The Name Of Love) / Easy Money (Billy Joel snippet)
    04 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Money For Nothing (Dire Straits snippet)
    05 - Desire / Money, Money (musical snippet)

# intermission: The O’Jays - For The Love Of Money #

06 - Zoo Station
    07 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    08 - One / Can't Buy Me Love (snippet)
    09 - Until The End Of The World
    10 - Who's Gonna Pay Your Wild Horses
    11 - So Cruel
    12 - The Fly
    13 - Mysterious Ways
    14 - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The Money
    15 - Ultraviolet
    16 - Acrobat
    17 - Love Is Blindness

# intermission: Patti Smith - Free Money #

18 - Where The Streets Have No Name / Take The Money (Steve Miller snippet)
    19 - Elevation / You Never Give Me Your Money (The Beatles snippet)
    20 - Vertigo / Moneytalk (AC/DC snippet)
    21 - With Or Without You / Money, That’s What I Want (The Flying Lizards snippet)
    22 - Desire [reprise] / Viva Las Vegas (snippet) / Money (Pink Floyd snippet)

outtro: ABBA - Money, Money, Money
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Ok here's my guess:

intro: Pink Floyd - Money

01 - I Will Follow / Money Changes Everything (Cindy Lauper snippet)
    02 - Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Money Machine (James Taylor snippet)
    03 - Pride (In The Name Of Love) / Easy Money (Billy Joel snippet)
    04 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Money For Nothing (Dire Straits snippet)
    05 - Desire / Money, Money (musical snippet)

# intermission: The O’Jays - For The Love Of Money #

06 - Zoo Station
    07 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    08 - One / Can't Buy Me Love (snippet)
    09 - Until The End Of The World
    10 - Who's Gonna Pay Your Wild Horses
    11 - So Cruel
    12 - The Fly
    13 - Mysterious Ways
    14 - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The Money
    15 - Ultraviolet
    16 - Acrobat
    17 - Love Is Blindness

# intermission: Patti Smith - Free Money #

18 - Where The Streets Have No Name / Take The Money (Steve Miller snippet)
    19 - Elevation / You Never Give Me Your Money (The Beatles snippet)
    20 - Vertigo / Moneytalk (AC/DC snippet)
    21 - With Or Without You / Money, That’s What I Want (The Flying Lizards snippet)
    22 - Desire [reprise] / Viva Las Vegas (snippet) / Money (Pink Floyd snippet)

outtro: ABBA - Money, Money, Money
    That's pretty accurate đŸ˜‚
  9. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Something I was wondering as well. With JT they specifically said the album would be played in full. Not mentioned that here.
    JT in album order wasn't announced right out the gate. There was alot of wondering, and Edge initially stated they were looking at the diff options of how to present the setlist.

a few things;
    - I do think Your Song Saved My Life will definitely be played.
    - I think Desire Hollywood mix similiar to iHeart 2016 will be played.
    - same as JT30, the deep cuts slots we'll see will be the ones from album (Trying, So Cruel, Blindness). Not much hope for anything else. This is will be the most-casual audience, than any dedicated travelling tour.
    - that said, this venue is probably the best chance we ever have of seeing Mofo live again. fingers crossed.
    - I believe it will likely be album played in running order, to comply with chosen show title. The AB name will be all over the marquee and t-shirts. It's the selling point, and talking point. They need every causal- fan walking out to know without a shadow of a doubt that they did hear that album in full. It cannot be missed if it's 12 in a row. Whereas, if its songs scattered across a setlist, it requires more chin-scratching "hmmm, but did we hear this one? but did we hear that one?"
    -however, as a big fan, I'd PREFER they don't play it in order. I've heard that running order thousands of times over 30years. I'm much more interested in seeing a brand new creation of story/theme/narrative of a live show with brand new song transitions and sections that have never crossed my mind yet.
  10. JT works in sequence better than AB but not by much.
  11. Open with a Rattle and Hum homage set.

Desire (Vegas Version)
    Watchtower
    God Part II
    All I Want Is You end sequence into "We will rock you" intro (Sphere style)
    Larry's face ... TV static... new drummer's face.

Achtung Baby in full.

Encore 1:
    Bullet
    Running (ZOO TV style)
    Streets
    WOWY
    Pride

Encore 2:
    Breaking Wave
    Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    BDAY