1. I still think SOS rearrangements will play a big role in these shows, even if they dropped SOS from the name of the residency. They have very minimal drums and percussion, so they will allow them to start the show without foregrounding the drummer (or even without a drummer). Play a bunch of 80s songs rearranged SOS-style, slowly introducing the visual and mood-setting potential of the Sphere. Without a GA a low-key start might make even more sense, it will be more about the audiovisual experience than the rock and roll concert energy.

Then comes the explosion of Zoo Station, the whole technological carnival of the venue is put into motion and they play though Achtung Baby full-band (well.., you know what I mean), in sequence. End the main set with Love Is Blindness and follow with a mostly post-1991 encore that is a mix of full-band and SoS, with more of a loose, live show energy.
  2. Originally posted by Hansav:I still think SOS rearrangements will play a big role in these shows, even if they dropped SOS from the name of the residency. They have very minimal drums and percussion.

Exactly, they just released an album of 40 songs and they’ll want to try some of these new arrangements live.
  3. 2 hearts add to setlist...very interesting with so cruel and lib
  4. Another good reason not to attend then.
  5. I so hope they play the Zoo TV / Popmart / Elevation live version of Even Better Than The Real Thing. Not the hideous live version they started playing on the 360 tour and have kept ever since. And FFS, Edge has to play the full guitar solo.
  6. Originally posted by LostSailor:I so hope they play the Zoo TV / Popmart / Elevation live version of Even Better Than The Real Thing. Not the hideous live version they started playing on the 360 tour and have kept ever since. And FFS, Edge has to play the full guitar solo.
    They should play the Perfecto Mix.
  7. My guess:

ZOO STATION
    EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
    ONE
    UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
    WHO’S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES
    SO CRUEL
    THE FLY
    MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    TRYIN’ TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
    ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
    ACROBAT
    LOVE IS BLINDNESS

Then Bono ends the show the same way he ended my first U2 show (Popmart Foxboro on 7/2/97) "Good night. F*** off."

An hour long playing of AB with nothing else...
  8. Originally posted by bstie1198:My guess:

ZOO STATION
    ONE
    SO CRUEL
    THE FLY
    MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    ACROBAT
    LOVE IS BLINDNESS

Then Bono ends the show the same way he ended my first U2 show (Popmart Foxboro on 7/2/97) "Good night. F*** off."

It would honestly be pretty cool of them to play AB and nothing else.
  9. IDK, for the prices I'm assuming they'll charge for tickets, they should play for two hours and include dinner and a drink LOL
  10. Originally posted by bstie1198:My guess:

ZOO STATION
    ONE
    SO CRUEL
    THE FLY
    MYSTERIOUS WAYS
    ACROBAT
    LOVE IS BLINDNESS

i'd be happy with just AB and nothing else . No preaching in between songs either. Then everyone can get on with the rest of their day.
  11. $300 to $500 tickets for 12 songs isn't going to work. I bet they play 20 to 23 songs.

AB

Stay
    Streets
    I still haven't Found
    NYD
    Pride
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Vertigo
    Desire
    With or Without You
    ====