1. Was just looking through the other bands forum here and was surprised that I couldn't see a Fontaines D.C thread. Or maybe I missed it, dunno.

I'm surprised because as another band out of Dublin, I thought they'd have had a mention or two. I picked up their music on their second album, A Hero's Death, and was blown away by some of the songs. Particular stand outs being Televised Mind, I Don't Belong and A Lucid Dream. Then I gave Dogrel a listen later down the line and was even more impressed as this was their debut album.

Since then they've released a set of songs (during lockdown) called Live at Kilmainham Gaol - although live, without an audience. Then last year bought us Skinty Fia and collection of amazing songs on an album. I saw them live in Italy on the SF tour and there's a real tension in their music where I feel the lead singer could easily just lose it that makes their live performance utterly brilliant, in my opinion.

I was just on the Inhaler thread where the verdict on their latest release is it's not as good as their first album. For me, Fontaines D.C just remind me of U2 where each album just gets better than the last. In fact, and this is why I'm surprised they've not had a mention, the last time I was this excited by a band was U2 back in the 80's. I think these are a great band that will rise to the dizzy heights of stadiums very soon.

Here's my recommendations if you've not yet given them a listen:

Winter In the Sun (Darklands Version)
    Cheques Reckless (Darklands Version)
    Liberty Belle (Darklands Version))
    Roys Tune (Dogrel)
    Rocket to Russia (Darklands Version)
    I Love You (Skinty Fia)
    Roman Holiday (Skinty Fia)
    In ár gCroíthe go deo (Skinty Fia)
    A Hero's Death (A Hero's Death)
    Televised Mind (A Hero's Death)
    Dublin City Sky (Live at Kiamainham Gaol)

Oh and did I mention they did a version of One for Apple Music.
  2. Fontaines D.C. Is great! First song heard on the radio: Big and later Boys in the better land. Hooked
    Had tickets for a show last summer but couldn’t go…
  3. Originally posted by Pipo:Fontaines D.C. Is great! First song heard on the radio: Big and later Boys in the better land. Hooked
    Had tickets for a show last summer but couldn’t go…
    What a shame, I wanted to see them at Vicar Street, Dublin but decided against it - I regret that now. A great live band.