1. Read the house rules you novice!
  2. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    The threads / forums operate a certain way, reducing the amount of new ones is preferred and when you can consolidate you should.

You’ve been here for a week so you clearly don’t know that, hence why @Alvin pointed it out
    How do you know what my knowledge of this site is? Just because I’ve been here a few days doesn’t mean i don’t know how it works. As I said you could have 40 less threads by using the general SOS thread instead of 40 separate ones for each song or even using the original song threads to discuss the new version? Do we have individual topics for every remix of love is bigger for example? So I think you’re being unreasonable. This thread also allows people to share a general view of things recent or past in regards to where they stand with the band, they can talk about vegas and SOS in the one thread and the impact of both and what it could mean going forward amongst other related things.
  3. Nnnnnnnnnnnah it’s kinda redundant
  4. A bit like a lot of the individual song threads then that have been going for 10-15 years and have 10 posts when the songs could just be talked about in the relevant album threads. As I said where are all the love is bigger remix threads just for the sake of having them?

This thread has been worth its weight in gold hasn’t it https://u2start.com/topic/5198

Or there’s the 2 shadows and tall trees threads with 30 posts combined in the 6 years they’ve been going. But they threads aren’t redundant.
  5. Originally posted by theflytv:[..]
    A bit like a lot of the individual song threads then that have been going for 10-15 years and have 10 posts when the songs could just be talked about in the relevant album threads. As I said where are all the love is bigger remix threads just for the sake of having them?

This thread has been worth its weight in gold hasn’t it https://u2start.com/topic/5198

Or there’s the 2 shadows and tall trees threads with 30 posts combined in the 6 years they’ve been going. But they threads aren’t redundant.
    Conversely I could recommend this thread for this discussion: https://u2start.com/topic/8276/3255/15

Just some food for thought. There’s a reason why the thread you tagged has 6 posts, this one is destined for the same fate
  6. Originally posted by theflytv:[..]
    A bit like a lot of the individual song threads then that have been going for 10-15 years and have 10 posts when the songs could just be talked about in the relevant album threads. As I said where are all the love is bigger remix threads just for the sake of having them?

Damn you’re taking this personally eh?
  7. My comments aside and excluding the comments derailing the thread there’s already been 4 relevant comments so not bad compared to the vitally important mothers of the disappeared thread that nobody is asking to be closed that’s been active for several years.
  8. Originally posted by theflytv:[..]
    My comments aside and excluding the comments derailing the thread there’s already been 4 relevant comments so not bad compared to the vitally important mothers of the disappeared thread that nobody is asking to be closed that’s been active for several years.
    Check out that link though, it could be useful!
  9. The songs of Surrender general thread could also be useful in talking about the SOS version of beautiful day but yet we have a separate thread specifically for that version.
  10. It’s hard to feel like it isn’t personal with the relevant points i’m making in response. This thread has been completely derailed now because some people can’t seem to handle a new site users idea for a thread but have never had a thing to say about threads over 10 years old which are less active, so tell me which part of that isn’t personal?
  11. Originally posted by theflytv:[..]
    It’s hard to feel like it isn’t personal with the relevant points i’m making in response. This thread has been completely derailed now because some people can’t seem to handle a new site users idea for a thread but have never had a thing to say about threads over 10 years old which are less active, so tell me which part of that isn’t personal?
    Citing failed threads that are 10 years old isn’t really a compelling way to support an argument for a new one, particularly when there ARE other current threads where this discussion could easily be had.

Though I won’t disagree that having a new thread for each and every SOS release may be a little unnecessary, it’s in keeping with how this website/forum has operated for years - new albums, singles, “releases” typically get a thread.

The U2 Thoughts thread was essentially made for these types of discussions.

I don’t tend to look at when someone registered to the site, so that’s not really a factor for me at all when responding to a post.
  12. I kinda liked the idea but better to keep it central in one thread.