1. How to dismantle the sound of an acoustic guitar.

I'm happy to re-imagine this back to 1984, thanks. Please, Bono, stop dicking around with vocal melodies and lyrics. Try harder.

No wonder Larry wanted nothing to do with this whole project.
  2. I love all the diverse opinions about these songs . this one is one of my favorites, especially because of the guitar parts. The lyrical changes in this one are surprisingly not that big of a deal for me. It flows well, and I'm content with it. Edge and Bono in reimagining these songs aren't going to try and copy or stay in 1984 or whenever these songs were made
  3. This is becoming a standout for me.
  4. This is basically an entirely different song to the original. And a worse one, for the record.
  5. Yea. This and streets are two I’ll Never listen to again. I would have loved more deeper songs. I wish they did IALW like that tiny desk performance. I can’t stop watching that.
  6. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Yea. This and streets are two I’ll Never listen to again. I would have loved more deeper songs. I wish they did IALW like that tiny desk performance. I can’t stop watching that.
    I'm with you on not warming to the new Streets (and really wishing that IALW was on the album) but this version of Bad I am enjoying. Maybe enhanced from liking the Bono & Edge Letterman special performance live.

For those that might be interested if not already mentioned or noticed, some of the added/changed lyrics in Bad are biblical allusions. Maybe not surprising for Bono but here you go:
    - "You can only have it all if you give it all away": Mark 8:35-37
    - "Leave these jars of clay, you can break, not break away" - 2 Corinthians 4 : 7-9
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    I'm with you on not warming to the new Streets (and really wishing that IALW was on the album) but this version of Bad I am enjoying. Maybe enhanced from liking the Bono & Edge Letterman special performance live.

For those that might be interested if not already mentioned or noticed, some of the added/changed lyrics in Bad are biblical allusions. Maybe not surprising for Bono but here you go:
    - "You can only have it all if you give it all away": Mark 8:35-37
    - "Leave these jars of clay, you can break, not break away" - 2 Corinthians 4 : 7-9
    Haven’t watched special yet so maybe that’ll
    Change my opinion.
  8. I definitely like the version they played live better than the version on the album.

9. Long time no see, glad to see one name I recognize here haha

I love this arrangement. It took my breath away…even the new pre chorus (you can only have it all)