1. The electric guitar near the end is the only interesting thing about this re-recording.

I remain convinced that the belted vocal at the end is from the 80s, since Bono can’t sing like that anymore.

And why did they bring in a string section at the very end just to do absolutely nothing with it and fade it out in like 5 seconds? They could have done something like the original All I Want Is You, but no.
  2. Surely they learned something from working with Kevin Killen and Daniel Lanois. Absolutely appalling acoustic guitar sound. Dreadfully loud half spoken vocal.

A shame, because a fully fledged acoustic version with the actual band and no silly reworking of lyrics might have been worthwhile based on a few of the ideas here.

And yes that last vocal from Bono is absolutely flown in from the original multitrack. That ten seconds is the best thing I've heard on this collection of songs. Just shows how great the original version of Pride is and how immense Bono's original vocal was.
  3. Still love this. I keep going back to it.
  4. Yeah, the 84 vocals are great. And finally the date (evening, April 4) is correct!
  5. I like it more and more with each passing day.
  6. This song is amazing every day I start to listen to this more and more and I have even bought ovo raptors jacket that can match this jacket. Why dont you guys perform a live concert in my home town so, I can attend it?
  7. One of my most played songs of this year!
  8. I had much higher hopes for SOS after hearing this one. Still love the guitar part at the end... With more electric guitar Edge, SOS could've been a much better record IMO...