1. Did they speed this one up, or has it just been so long since I listened to the original that I don’t remember? Seemed a little rushed.
  2. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:Did they speed this one up, or has it just been so long since I listened to the original that I don’t remember? Seemed a little rushed.
    Both the original and the SOS version run at 106 bpm, same tempo.

What you're noticing is probably just one of the (many) editing/production mistakes of SOS, plus Bono's fondness for singing out of the beat in recent years.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

What you're noticing is probably just one of the (many) editing/production mistakes of SOS, plus Bono's fondness for singing out of the beat in recent years.
    Makes sense, ha. Also not the only song where he sings out of the beat on this album. Thank goodness it’s not as bad as the OG version of Gone, though…
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

He really does that often, tries to stay out of the grid, singing around everything. Never liked that, as it distracts from the song that you're trying to experience.

Have to say though that in the recent London performance of Mothers he was spot on and sounded great too.
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    He really does that often, tries to stay out of the grid, singing around everything. Never liked that, as it distracts from the song that you're trying to experience.

Have to say though that in the recent London performance of Mothers he was spot on and sounded great too.
    Yes, it does it more and more often in recent years, and it bothers me A LOT. Even more than whistling or mumbling over Edge's solos
  6. Too similar to the bonus acoustic track on SOI. And if you put SFS on piano, it’s too similar to 13
  7. Was never a big fan of the original. But I like how they made it more rhymical with the strummed guitar. And you can hear Bono's vocal responding to that rhythm along the way. Nice.
  8. Liking it, added lyric from 13 on the chorus. They also kept the original ending lyrics despite not singing it live in 2015 (kiss from mouth)
  9. the voice on this one sounds like the voice on the original.
  10. Another highlight